Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Birthday cook

Options
BREWnQ
BREWnQ Posts: 219
Tuesday was my b-day so traditionally I take it off.  Well figured since I'd be sittin around drinking and watching TV I'd throw some ribs on and invite my pals over for lunch.  Was my first time cooking Pork Loin Back ribs and my first time going turbo. I normally do spares 5hr no lookey. So did 3 racks rubbed with Amazing Ribs Memphis Dust 2 lower and 1 elevated.  Temp was around 280-290 for about 3 hours.  Sauced 2 racks for the last hour with Chris & Pitts Original.  Came out ok they were a little under cooked, but for a quick cook I cant complain. Buzz ball was brought over and who am I to say no to a gift.  Taste isn't horrible and it does just like it says gets you buzzed.
Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
Orange, CA

Comments

• Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options
    They look good.  When I turbo baby backs I usually go for 350 degrees for about 2 hours.  They always turn out great. Give it a try the next time around I think you will like the results.
    Edina, MN

• BREWnQ
    BREWnQ Posts: 219
    Options
    Thats what I was going for cuz I was going to FtC and the egg was stable at 335 for about 30 before loading them up and it just never really recovered, I didnt wanna mess with it much so I just let them roll.
    Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    Sorry they didn't turn out to your liking,  They sure look good.  Happy Birthday.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Happy latte Birthday. Great lookin cook! It's sort of humorous us eggheads rather cook I our own Bday supper. I'm the same way. It's something I really enjoy doing and even better to share with family and friends. Enjoy :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Fun day in my book!
    Seattle, WA