Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A taste of Spain: Paella

Options
Big_Green_Craig
Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
edited May 2014 in EggHead Forum
I visited Spain last summer and tasted true Paella for the very first time. I have been on a quest to create a Paella equal to that one I tried in Spain. I really enjoy cooking this dish and it has a great presentation. Here is one I cooked on Tuesday night. The leftovers for lunch all week has been great! 

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Oh my word...That is nothing short of breath taking..Fantastic,Awesome....Great looking Paella.. =D>
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    =D> Very impressive. I need to give paella a second chance. While I've never been to Spain (and my brother was born there), my pan and saffron did come from there thanks to my parents latest trip back over there.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Cymbaline65
    Cymbaline65 Posts: 800
    Options
    Nice lookin' cook! I LOVE Paella but yeah, it is quite labor intensive. Everyone talks about NakedWhiz's recipe. I guess I should check that out too. Now, is that a coffee mug AND beer in that picture? That's a great way to start the day!
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Nice lookin' cook! I LOVE Paella but yeah, it is quite labor intensive. Everyone talks about NakedWhiz's recipe. I guess I should check that out too. Now, is that a coffee mug AND beer in that picture? That's a great way to start the day!
    HA!! Yes, a coffee mug & a beer. I was drinking the beer. The coffee mug has hot water in it. I put about 2-3 tbsps of hot water in with my saffron to really give it time to extract the flavor and the color. 
  • Big Ragu
    Big Ragu Posts: 148
    Options

very nice!!!

• pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Awesome job!

Ricky