Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lunch on the beach

Options
JimE
JimE Posts: 158
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, Everyone:[p]I've got a large BGE at home and I love it. I'm looking for something to use for daytime/sunset picnics--on the beach, in the woods, by the truck after skiing, etc. Definitely something I can carry 100 yards without making a production of things. Not necessarily for big cooks--80 percent of the time for 2-4 people, occasionally more. I've checked out the Cobb, the Hasty Bake and of course the BGE Mini, and I already have a small Weber portable propane grill. Is there anything I've missed? I'm looking to cook quick stuff, like sausage, satay, steak, shrimp, etc.--impromptu eating experiences, I guess--but I'd like to be able to do, say, 2-3 hour cooks as well. Any suggestions? [p]Many thanks in advance,[p]Jim

Comments

• irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
    Jim,
    I use a BBQ called "Fire & Ice". It is a great idea, in that it has a large cool box underneath for beers or food, which ever is most important, and the grill on top. The grill folds down on top of the cool box for transport, and has a foot pedal to release it when you are ready to cook. The unit comes on wheels, and has a strong pulling handle.
    The down side, it is essentially a gas frying pan, it does a job for steaks, pork chops , burgers and sausages, but is just like cooking on a gas cooker.
    Roger

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    I own the mini & love it - i can make a meal within 30 min after lighting.
    so far i have made on it steaks, mini pizza on a 6" round tile, ABts, sausages, flank steak for qusadillas, 3 lb whole chicken - doing it indirect with a pan between the fire & grids (i own 2)
    It's fun & great tasting
    Go with the MINI :silly:
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Jim,
    cant beat a mini

• JimE
    JimE Posts: 158
    Options
    irishrog,
    Thanks. I'll check it out.