Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XXL at my local dealer

Options
Priced at 4500 and change for egg, nest, handler and plate setter. Have to order one as the display is a limited edition not for sale.

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    edited May 2014
    Options
    How heavy is the plate setter?
    NOLA
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Probably need a forklift!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options
    The DFMT looks so small on that... wonder if that will cause more severe flashbacks once the lid is opened?

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    No thanks!  I will take 2 XLs with money left to buy food and booze. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Uh-oh, not another XXL flashback....

edited May 2014
    Options
    When checking out the XXL at the Bone Daddy Classic the grid had to weigh about 60 lbs.

Way too expensive. I'll take 6 larges instead.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SunDeviledEgg
    SunDeviledEgg Posts: 132
    Options
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    $4500. For a charcoal grill. Amazing. 

And you can only set it at one temp. For considerably less money, you could buy three larges, or two larges and a medium for that matter, have more grid space and multiple temps as needed.

I predict the Hghi-Que folks won't be offering their 1/2" stainless rod grid for this one.
    :D

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Trying to figure out a use case for this.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

If you had a BBQ shack on the side of the road that did really well and wanted to add an eyecatching thing or if you were a big caterer maybe just due to the square inches of cookspace. For anyone that watches BBQ pitmasters, would you be really surprised if Big Moe Cason showed up to an event with one??

Just sayin..........

LBGE, Weber One touch 26.75, an old gasser, firepit and more gadgets than ten people need

Livonia N.Y. (the vampire state)

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options

If you had a BBQ shack on the side of the road that did really well and wanted to add an eyecatching thing or if you were a big caterer maybe just due to the square inches of cookspace. For anyone that watches BBQ pitmasters, would you be really surprised if Big Moe Cason showed up to an event with one??

Just sayin..........

I would think transporting it would be more difficult than 2 XL's. You could fit a larger whole pig on the XXL than an XL, but still not a very big one compared to a pig roaster/smoker.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • revolver1
    revolver1 Posts: 372
    Options
    Not for me.  My L will cook more than we eat.  I'd enjoy seeing it though.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Amateurs.

This bad boy will only set you back a cool $8,000.

Kamado Joe loves COCAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bigdaddydivo
    Options
    If I hit the big lottery I might have to get an XXL as a "guilty pleasure" or a :sign of excess" and a walk in filled with all kinda animals to put in it!!

LBGE, Weber One touch 26.75, an old gasser, firepit and more gadgets than ten people need

Livonia N.Y. (the vampire state)

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    I want it for charring Zombies!!

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    Options
    JwgreDeux said:
    Priced at 4500 and change for egg, nest, handler and plate setter. Have to order one as the display is a limited edition not for sale.
    At that price I think the appeal is going to minimal.  I guess one good thing is now you can say this to your wife and almost make sense...   
    Hey honey, I saved us $1500 today by buying this second XL.
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    It's all relative. I'm sure the same types of comments were made when the XL first came out.

One man's excess is another man's need.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

At first I wanted the XXL because of its volume, but now, I am eagerly awaiting my bbq store rep to call me when the MiniMax arrives.  a lot less money and a LOT more use.

• Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Ehh, if I was in the ballpark for a charcoal grill that expensive I'd have to go with a komodo kamado big bad 32. That's not to say that I don't absolutely love my XL BGE. When you are talking about North of $3000 I'd rather spend my money on the rolls Royce of charcoal smoker/grills.

http://www.komodokamado.com/big-bad-32/

It's a shame BGE couldn't keep the cost down on the XXL. I could understand it being double the price of the XL and maybe even a bit more than that for shipping and handling. $4500 is a bridge to far unless it comes with all the features of the KK big bad 32.
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    I could see this for church chicken BBQ or large event cooks. There will be buyers. Bge has been around long enough to do market eraser before setting prices.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @Eggcelsior - with all that ss in the Texas sun, you wouldn't need charcoal to get your cooking done.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Charcoal_Addict
    Options

Amateurs.

This bad boy will only set you back a cool $8,000.

Kamado Joe loves COCAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The average person would have to be selling cocaine on the side to afford one.

2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    For that money I'd get one of Myron Mixon's smokers. Or a Jambo if I wanted to go mobile.
    Gittin' there...
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    I was at BGE HQ this week and got to check out the XXL. I was surprised how easy the dome moves. They must really have some spring tension on the hinges. It's a cool novelty. Either way, $5K is crazy. 
  • hashissmokin
    hashissmokin Posts: 238
    Options
    Yeah that is absolutely CRAZY.  I felt guilty spending over $1000.00 for my large.  Apparently there is a market for people with way too much throw-away cash
    LBGE, Paris, KY.
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    It's only money, put me down for two of em.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    2 bags of lump to fill it?
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Meh. I love my weber ranch kettle with the 37.5" grid. I paid less than a large for it, if someone needs a monster grill, not sure if it gets better than this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00004U9LN?pc_redir=1400554797&robot_redir=1
  • FloridaCreekIndian
    Options
    To help pay for that you could set up a makeshift crematorium on the side.