Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bradley smoker plus Egg?

Options
How many of you guys had a Bradley or equivalent before coming over to the Egg?  Did you keep the Bradley or get rid of it? I almost sold mine, and am now reconsidering.  I have some sausage recipes that start down around 130 with smoke.  Then the heat is very slowly increased over an extended duration.  I am wondering if I can accomplish this in the egg, while keeping the smoke going.
Winnipeg, Canada

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I have one in storage. I am going to make an external adapter to an aluminum hose where the puck feeder is now. Use the small egg as the primary fire.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options

@kthacher - I don't have a Bradley but after making snack sticks a couple times on the egg and dealing with uneven heat front to back, top to bottom, I'm considering the Bradley as a more purpose built tool to do the job. 

Lots of folks here seem to agree that while the egg can do almost everything it isn't necessarily the best tool for it.

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    It sounds like the Bradley might be a better tool for the job.  It would be tricky to get an egg to hold 130 F for any period of time. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I would say you are better off keeping it.  You can never have too many tools  :P.  Besides you are never going to get the money you put into it back, so mind as well keep it.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• dmarois
    dmarois Posts: 52
    Options
    I had a traeger before the egg and I kept it in case I ever have to cook 4+ shoulders, I also store all of my egg components inside of it