Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GA Mountain Eggfest Meet & Greet

Options
R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
We had some crazy weather (rain & even a little hail) leading up to the Fri Meet & Greet at the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds. Then it cleared up nicely. My wife and I arrived a little late and a minute later a tractor pulling a coach stopped to pick us up. Here's what our ride from the parking lot to the exhibition hall:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The Meet & Greet was held in the Exhibit Hall

Outside the hall were 5 LBGEs and 2 SBGEs for cooking on

Inside we were treated to some local music

Once inside we found a lot of meeting, greeting, and eating already underway

It was nice to meet some folks from both forums

Dyal_SC, his better half & NecessaryIndulg

The team representing the Porkopolis fest (Capt Frank, FastEddieM, and Kentucky Wildcat Fan)

Popsicle, Kolbdriver (and wife Charlotte), Spring Chicken and Spring Hen

There was some cooking going on outside but I only got this pic of some (guess I was too busy meeting, greeting, and eating). I did cook a fatty and ran into Dyal_SC outside while he was cooking up some sausage but didn't think to get pics of either of our cooks. #-o

Weather sure cleared up nicely and it sure looked like a nice lake

If only the nice weather stuck around for the fest on Sat. That'll be another post.
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• EggSpinner
    EggSpinner Posts: 69
    Options
    Great people and great food!  Thanks for sharing your pics, we had a blast and are looking forward to next year.
    Michael 

Winston Salem, NC

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Thanks for posting these, John. It was our pleasure to meet you and Nancy. Good luck with your competition this year with Smitty's Smoke Patrol!
  • R2Egg2Q
    edited May 2014
    Options
    egret said:

Thanks for posting these, John. It was our pleasure to meet you and Nancy. Good luck with your competition this year with Smitty's Smoke Patrol!

You're welcome John! I have a bunch more pics of the actual fest and after party to post still.

It was a real pleasure to meet you and Joan!

Thanks for all you do to host such a great fest and for your hospitality!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Great pix! It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife, @R2Egg2Q‌ ! You guys were awesome to bring us food while we cooked. Hope to return the favor one day. Thanks again!! And the fatty was awesome!!
  • fasteddiem
    fasteddiem Posts: 212
    Options
    @r2egg2q Thanks for the great post! It was a pleasure to meet you! I cannot believe you came from California! By the way, the person on the right in my photo is Wkygriller! @kentucky wildcat fan was getting beer! 
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Great pix! It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife, @R2Egg2Q‌ ! You guys were awesome to bring us food while we cooked. Hope to return the favor one day. Thanks again!! And the fatty was awesome!!

It was great to meet you & your wife @Dyal_SC! No problem on the food delivery. We've been on the receiving end of that while cooking at an Eggfest before and know how busy it can get. Besides, it gave us a chance to walk off some calories in a feeble attempt to offset the intake of all of the great food.

Bay Area, CA
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    @r2egg2q Thanks for the great post! It was a pleasure to meet you! I cannot believe you came from California! By the way, the person on the right in my photo is Wkygriller! @kentucky wildcat fan was getting beer! 

@fasteddiem‌ - It was a pleasure to meet you and Kentucky Wildcat Fan (I have no good excuse for mis-identifying him #-o ) Glad to hear Michael had his priorities right by getting beer. Lol. Yes, the fest is a long ways from home but it was a great reason to vacation in GA.

Bay Area, CA