Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

knock off of The Varsity chili dog sauce

Options
13»

Comments

• Mr_Bream
    Mr_Bream Posts: 34
    Options
    Made a batch this this evening.  Pretty close but it came out a bit on the salty side.  Will definitely be making more!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Mr_Bream said:
    Made a batch this this evening.  Pretty close but it came out a bit on the salty side.  Will definitely be making more!
    Sorry man...to each his own, but what is nice is you already know what it is YOU didn't like so that is an easy fix! BTW in all these years though your too salty opinion is the first one I have seen.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mr_Bream
    Mr_Bream Posts: 34
    Options
    Hey RPP, not a knock at all.  Have a feeling I simmered it a little too long and concentrated the salt.  Like you said, easy fix.  Been going to the V for years and that recipe is pretty close to theirs.
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    I wish I would've overlooked thus thread. I have a fealing I'm going to be making this a time or two. Looks excellent.Thanks.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig