Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Our Custom Egg Tables

Comments

• PoshPatios
    PoshPatios Posts: 41
    With Memorial Day quickly approaching have you ever had a request for a Patriotic Table (Red White & Blue). That would be Bad A$$! ;-)
    We've never had a request like that. I'm a true patriot and all but even I would never have a table like that. It would clash with the GREEN egg!!! haha
    What is this? A center for ants!?
  • PoshPatios
    Your post didnt offend me. Thank you for your service and thank you for the pics of those beautiful tables. I think a few folks need to do a reach around and yank the stick out of their rearends. Its not like you are on here posting a brochure for your products. But what the hell do I know? I just like reading all the posts and looking at the pictures.
    Sorry if you think I have a stick where the sun don't shine, but I prefer not to see advertising here... or what LOOKS like advertising. 

None of the other vendors do it. Chris and Tom for instance. Both are eggers AND VENDORS who never say a word or post a single pic of Dizzy Pig or Ceramic Grill Store products. Ever. If no one says anything about this one, it's not fair to those guys (and others), 

I appreciate your service too, PoshPatios, but it has nothing to do with the issue at hand.
    I understand what you're saying. I took my website out of my signature, if that changes things just a bit. Besides, a quote from Zoolander is just priceless so I'll stick with that. This is the only thread that will ever have pictures of any of our work.
  • PoshPatios
    GeorgeS said:
    I have no problem with it. He didn't come in saying directly " hey if you need a table I can build you one" , maybe indirectly but he did offer to answer questions and help people. One of the hardest things for people is usually figuring out how big to cut the holes for their eggs, I be the has every damn dimension they would need and if he is willing to share that kind of info with people then that's awesome. Those are some beautiful tables! Thank you for your service! Rock on! Pizza stone will definitely help with your pie.
    Geez, George, I can't tell you how many times we've screwed that up in the early days. Our tops are made of concrete so thats a really hard mistake to correct. We've had to put a few tiles under and Egg before to raise it up so that the hinges clear the top of the table. We've got it down now, but that came after a few costly headaches.
  • PoshPatios

Tables look super!! That looks to be Red Cedar? What finish, maintenance schedule do you recommend for finish? Are your tables meant to be left outside and uncovered?

Some forums have a supporting vendor category that allows, for a small fee, a person to advertise and help/ support the members. 

Yes, we use cedar. I recommend it over other woods because its affordable and holds up great outdoors. It's easy to work with. There are many finishes you could use. We have our own mix but I'd suggest finding something used on boats. If a finish can protect a boat thats out in the sun and water all of the time, it'll do wonders on a table. Like any piece of wood left in the sun, though, it will eventually fade no matter how strong the finish. A cover for the table/egg is always a great idea if its going to be left in direct sunlight. Under a patio/deck? Not so much.... but I'd still get one. 
  • PoshPatios
    rsterman said:
    Perhaps you could help people with general set of for a generic table that would help DIY get started on creating a a personalized table for their own space. As an example, I have a restaurant stainless steel prep table . I plan to use it as my prep table for my large egg, either as just a table or actually getting a hole cut in it or adapting it in some way as a resting place for the egg. The problem is that it ugly as sin and would detract from ourJapanese garden themed front yard. I'll probably just build a bamboo enclosure to hide the hideous legs and shelf under the table and live with it. So much to learn and do with this egg stuff. Great isn't it?
    A bamboo wrap around sounds pretty neat! I'm sure you already figured this but make sure to round the edges of the hole if you decide to cut it out. That's going to be a painful mistake and will likely scratch up the outside of your egg pretty bad while dropping it in if you move around a bit. 

Lovin the Egg. We did filet mignon, chicken, and corn on it the other day. 

I can't get enough of the corn cob. I put at least 2 on every time I cook. Gotta take advantage of it now while the season is in and they're still fresh at Publix!
  • Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710

Awesome table! But  $7,500 is a lot more than I could justify.  I'm looking at building a outdoor kitchen and your website has some very high-end products featured- thanks for the ideas.  http://poshpatios.com/sweet-southern-collection/

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• PoshPatios
    Raymont said:

Awesome table! But  $7,500 is a lot more than I could justify.  I'm looking at building a outdoor kitchen and your website has some very high-end products featured- thanks for the ideas.  http://poshpatios.com/sweet-southern-collection/

Yeah, that table is a bit expensive. We can only accommodate roughly 10 of those a year. They take a really long time to build and are fully customized to the customers needs. That particular one was built for an accountant in Atlanta. 
  • PoshPatios
    fence0407 said:
    Do you sell t-shirts?
    Sure. I've go a few old gym shirts laying around that you can have for 5 bucks. Add an extra $3 if you'd like me to autograph one.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited May 2014
    fence0407 said:

Do you sell t-shirts?

Lol! That never gets old :-D
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    fence0407 said:

Do you sell t-shirts?

Oh damn that's funny!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    fence0407 said:
    Do you sell t-shirts?
    Sure. I've go a few old gym shirts laying around that you can have for 5 bucks. Add an extra $3 if you'd like me to autograph one.
    Well played!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236

fence0407 said:

Do you sell t-shirts?

I'll take 2 autographed please. The more the shirts smell, the better! ;)

Seriously though - amazing work on the tables. Didn't mind your original post at all. Just having a little fun.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• PoshPatios
    fence0407 said:
    I'll take 2 autographed please. The more the shirts smell, the better! ;) Seriously though - amazing work on the tables. Didn't mind your original post at all. Just having a little fun.
    :) NP, and thanks. I figured it was some kind of inside forum joke. I've been a member of the SHOforum (Taurus SHO) for YEARS and we have a few of those.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Ask @BigGreenCraig‌ - just surprised someone hadn't asked you yet!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    freaking incredible work on the tables my friend…..you should be proud……and if i didn't already have a BGE cooking island on the way I would have for sure taken a hard look at something like what you are doing.

welcome to the forum!
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    No beer tap? Really awesome though
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I'm with the camp that says no BFD. The fella introduced himself, his work, and offered to help others. Maybe he'll be around to make good on his offer, maybe not. But I don't see cause to slam him for trying to participate. Folks are often looking for custom table makers, and now we have one. Some of the other vendor-members don't need to post pics of their products, because others do it for them e.g. CGS, CGW, DP, Rockwood.

oh, and BTW @PoshPatios, there are no mods here, except for the general citizenry :D . Things are self-policed for the most part. So far, i would say you're doing okay!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • PoshPatios
    caliking said:
    I'm with the camp that says no BFD. The fella introduced himself, his work, and offered to help others. Maybe he'll be around to make good on his offer, maybe not. But I don't see cause to slam him for trying to participate. Folks are often looking for custom table makers, and now we have one. Some of the other vendor-members don't need to post pics of their products, because others do it for them e.g. CGS, CGW, DP, Rockwood.

oh, and BTW @PoshPatios, there are no mods here, except for the general citizenry :D . Things are self-policed for the most part. So far, i would say you're doing okay!
    Thank you. :) 
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    I like the one you built for yourself, but I would want a cabinet on both sides and big enough to fit an XL. I've been thinking about building something like that since I got it. I have been moving my egg around in its nest cooking in different places to see which place I like the most. It would be nice to have it on wheels. Welcome to the club, by the way.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
     I understand. I'll be posting frequently so feel free to contact me if you have any questions about building tables... or helicopters.

Same here.  Is that a UH-60?  I didn't fly in the military, but I have about 3500 hrs in Bell 206L's & R22/R44's over the last 20 yrs.  Commercial, CFI/CFII, A&P/IA

Cool tables!  If you make one for three BGE's post a picture.....med, large, XL would be cool.

• hashissmokin
    hashissmokin Posts: 238
    Nice tables man and don't worry about the haters.  They are mad because they probably pay thousands of dollars for something that takes you fractions less to build yourself
    LBGE, Paris, KY.
  • Jellyworm
    Jellyworm Posts: 96
    Welcome to the forum PoshPatios!  I too am still learning about this forum but can attest to it having some great members, all very helpful, with different thoughts and ideas.  The common thread seems to me to be one of helping others enjoy their BGE.  I did enjoy the pictures of your tables, makes my nest seem rather pittifiul. Thank you all for your service to this great country!
    Large BGE
    Houston, TX
  • Not everyone has the skill or the time to build a table like that for themsleves. It's nice to see a company stepping up with these kinds of solutions. It's too bad things like this are not available in Canada. You better be a do-it-your-self person to live in Canada for sure. It is a great looking table.
    2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring
  • PoshPatios
    I like the one you built for yourself, but I would want a cabinet on both sides and big enough to fit an XL. I've been thinking about building something like that since I got it. I have been moving my egg around in its nest cooking in different places to see which place I like the most. It would be nice to have it on wheels. Welcome to the club, by the way.
    Wheels are a must if you're like me and don't like cooking in the sun. Haha, I'm always wheeling the Egg around to the shady side of the patio. 
  • PoshPatios
     I understand. I'll be posting frequently so feel free to contact me if you have any questions about building tables... or helicopters.

Same here.  Is that a UH-60?  I didn't fly in the military, but I have about 3500 hrs in Bell 206L's & R22/R44's over the last 20 yrs.  Commercial, CFI/CFII, A&P/IA

Cool tables!  If you make one for three BGE's post a picture.....med, large, XL would be cool.

Yep, UH-60 A/L! I am hoping to get sent to the M-model transition course here soon (digital/glass cockpit). We learned to fly on Bell 206s/TH-67s. The Blackhawk really flys itself. Some of the funnest times I had in the air were in the Bell 206, trying to find the hover button and doing touchdown autorotations. Good times! I'd love to have the hours that you have. There are so many great job opportunities (especially overseas) to fly for civilian companys that require at least 2000 hrs. I'm no where near that, unfortunately. 
  • PoshPatios
    Jellyworm said:
    Welcome to the forum PoshPatios!  I too am still learning about this forum but can attest to it having some great members, all very helpful, with different thoughts and ideas.  The common thread seems to me to be one of helping others enjoy their BGE.  I did enjoy the pictures of your tables, makes my nest seem rather pittifiul. Thank you all for your service to this great country!
    Thank you. :) I can most def using all of the cooking tips I can get. I've been reading around. If it wasnt for the microwave, I would have starved YEARS ago. I'm learning the basics on the Egg. David (main builder for our company) has been cooking on these for years and has been showing me the ropes, pretty much. I made some chicken tenders and corn the other day. :) 
  • PoshPatios
    Not everyone has the skill or the time to build a table like that for themsleves. It's nice to see a company stepping up with these kinds of solutions. It's too bad things like this are not available in Canada. You better be a do-it-your-self person to live in Canada for sure. It is a great looking table.
    Canada - Americas Hat. :)

Jk. Thanks!
  • Fantastic design and choice of materials.  May I ask what is the distance between the first and second levels for the Large BGE to be located?  Your build looks to have the felt line almost right at the top of the second level.  Many thanks.
  • JoeMac
    JoeMac Posts: 17
    The tables look great, the tables are some of my favorite postings to read, I'm a woodworker and a egg owner so I love this part of the forum!