Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Happy Victoria Day, eh?

Options
To all our Canadian brethren, happy Victoria Day! How do you celebrate it? Is there drinking involved? If so, I'll be right there!
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    Options
    Usually for me and my family it's yard tard work beer and bbq. This year it's moving day and going to see the royals in halifax, then drinking!
    HFX NS
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Freddie, It's called may two four. How would one celebrate that?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    I would imagine with a lot of beer! Doing yard work as the Sens fan usually does is no bueno.
    Flint, Michigan
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    We're celebrating ours in San Francisco. No egging for me today.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Thanks Fred. The first long weekend where the GWN is usually a little less white. First weekend for camping, time to plant the garden and yes, for many non-egg owners, the first weekend to cook outdoors. Open the cottage/cabin if you have one. Lots of good food and much drinking involved. 
    SWMBO can now wear white and carry a white purse. 

Big parade (by Canadian standards) in Victoria BC today. The parade was very military based, until almost all the military moved out of BC, lots of US high school marching bands from the PNW and California. 

Interesting that the junior hockey award - Memorial Cup (re-dedicated to honour Canada's service men/women who gave their lives) play is on all week with the final scheduled for next Sunday - the day before your Memorial Day. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

We're celebrating ours in San Francisco. No egging for me today.

I hope you're having a nice time!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    Options
    I would imagine with a lot of beer! Doing yard work as the Sens fan usually does is no bueno.
    Yard work is easy in a condo, basically wash the deck and put up tiki torches, done bbq and drink beer that's the hardest part!
    HFX NS
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Thank you Mr. Flintstone. There will be no egging or drinking here today, we have had grandkids over for the past 4 days. They leave tomorrow, so I believe that is when the egging and sipping and whatever else will happen. Life will return to normal, what ever normal is.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Nsdexter said:

Yard work is easy in a condo, basically wash the deck and put up tiki torches, done bbq and drink beer that's the hardest part!

Yard work for me is full day's worth of "fun". When you use a tractor to mow and trim with a push mower, yard work is not a breeze, but a bite in the backside! You sure know how to do it right!
    Flint, Michigan
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options

It is scheduled to drizzle and rain all day. Just fired up the egg for a spatchock for lunch with a pasta salad.

No outside work today just a bit inside, and if I don't get that done.............I don't care as I am on holidays this week.

Some drinks and maybe a couple hours of Netflix will do the trick.