Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spawn's Turkey Pot Pie

Trouble
Trouble Posts: 276
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was outstanding. As I mentioned yesterday, my spouse looked really scared when I mentioned pot pie. He confirmed last night that all he's ever had was the frozen rock pot pies that thaw into a salt-laden blob that's either still cold in the middle or burns one's tongue.[p]Followed Spawn's method, with a few minor changes:
I made the potatoes with sour cream and butter, and added chopped green onions before covering the pie with the potatoes about 30 minutes in. A few more green onions were sprinkled on top when serving. A 9" pie is just the right amount of food for four (very well satisfied) people--we had exactly half left over with no sides at all. I'm lazy and it's a one-dish well rounded meal.[p]Since the temperature has dipped significantly overnight, I'll get out the soup I've been saving. I love turkey soup![p]Happy Wednesday, everybody.[p]Joyce

Comments