Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table progress

Options
fusionhq
fusionhq Posts: 1,707
This isn't an egg table, but will accompany my egg table outside!
Also purchased a MAP torch in the epoxy process!

imageimageimage

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @fusionhq‌
    Brother that's a fine looking table. You are obviously not only a skilled cook but a accomplished carpenter as well. Wish I had that kind of wood working skill. Enjoy it with pride my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Wow... that is beautiful. I could use that finish here in Oregon.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • fusionhq
    Options
    @SGH‌ I have to admit, I bought the table from lowes assembled. But the finish, stain, and epoxy part was mine! Although, if I had more time, it wouldn't be too hard to build! Thanks for the nice comments!
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Options
    @fusionhq  We did the same thing.  I went to Home Depot to pick up the lumber to build a table and I found the kits could be be purchased cheaper than the cost of lumber.  We stained ours and put 4 or 5 coats of poly on it to repel stains.

-Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • fusionhq
    Options
    The table has a final cure time of 30 days. I will be gone this week, and will move it outside Friday. It's great looking. Almost want to do another one just to see if I can improve my results! image
  • csmith321
    csmith321 Posts: 11
    Options
    Tell us about your process you went through...
  • fusionhq
    Options
    @csmith321‌ I bought the table from lowes, pre assembled.

Filled all the cracks and sanded with 80, 180, and 220 grit.

Then I used a polyurethane stain on the legs and underneath.

I then used a standard wood stain on the table top and seats.

Next I used a two part epoxy to cover the table top and seats. The two part epoxy is super cool, and allows you to do a lot of things. I kept it simple for this table, using just a clear coating!

Let me know if you want more details!