Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Poolish bread

Options
jllbms
jllbms Posts: 381
The bread machine did the hard work that the Egg finished!
Kemah, TX

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @jllbms‌
    I am a huge fan of bread. I love it to say the least. Why type of bread machine do you use if you don't mind me asking?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jllbms
    Options
    The bread machine I have is an entry model, here: Oster CKSTBRTW20 2-Pound Expressbake Breadmaker, White http://amzn.com/B003GXM0EM The recipe is from Beth Hensperger's book: The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook: A Master Baker's 300 Favorite Recipes for Perfect-Every-Time Bread-From Every Kind of Machine http://amzn.com/155832156X The machine does an acceptable job, but letting the Egg finish it off takes it to artisanal level!
    Kemah, TX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @‌jllbms
    Thank you sir. Is there a particular model that you have experience with that you would recommend?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Nice loaf you've got there.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • jllbms
    Options
    The Oster works fine, but there are higher end models by Zojirushi that have more features. However, making the leap to letting the Egg finish it showed a loaf that no machine would ever accomplish in situ. So, to mix the dough to bake on the Egg, the $70 Oster is quite adequate. This particular loaf requires making a starter, then waiting 6 hours for the final mix. That seems to be common among many of the country style loaves.
    Kemah, TX