Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chops with Pico de Gallo

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
08_03_0018_27_01.jpg
<p />One of our favorites - Pork Chops with Pico de Gallo sauce. Check out the link - you'll find 2 totally different Pico de Gallo sauces. The orange things on the plate are sweet potatoes - Life is GOOD![p]Speaking of sweet potatoes, where is Dr. Chicken?[p]
[ul][li]Chops with Pico de Gallo[/ul]

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Gfw,[p]I got a follow up from Doc a day or so ago, not sure if he's still working the midnight shift or not. Those chops sure look good. He's probably too busy teaching all of his kids how to use their eggs to ppost much. I think he got one for all of them not too long ago. I told him I was up for adoption, didn't fly though.[p]I've never made sweet taters on the egg but I made some regular idaho bakers last weekend that were great. Put them in foil with some butter and spices. I poked the taters a bit so the butter and spices would soak in. Cooked them direct over the fire (350) for about 35 minutes, then put them to the side of the grill for another 10-15. They came out wonderful. I'm not a big sweet potato fan but those pictures make me want to try them.[p]Troy
  • Gfw,
    I'm still here! I was gona ignore dis one...........but my better self said "self, don't take dis lying down!!!!" then I looked at sprinter's post and I knew I had to open me big mouth!!!![p]
    Sprinter, Stay away from them things! They'll make you feeble minded....Look at GFW for living proof!!!!![p]
    Have a good one Gordon! Keep up the good work too! Those chops sure look great![p]Dr. C

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Dr. Chicken,[p]Gotta tell ya Doc, they sure look purdy. I think I may have to try them this weekend with that rib roast that I'm going to cook. Imagine that Doc, your rib roast recipe on the same egg as those taters. hehehe[p]Troy
  • Gfw
    sprinter, thanks for the follow-up... actually I have never done regular (white) baked potatoes on the egg, but after you post I think I'll give it a try. [p]It's Friday. At my house that means it's rib day!

• Gfw
    Dr. Chicken, glad to see that you are still around - Ribs are on the BGE! Have a great weekend!

• Gfw,
    I missed this post earlier! Them long nights are "da pits"! I've got thick boneless pork chops fer tonight and 1 3/4" T-bones for tomorrow! Both of them are eggcellent on the Egg and easy too! No fancy stuff this weekend, I'm beat!!!![p]Again, sorry I missed this post earlier![p]Dr. Chicken