Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

FINALLY!!!

Finally got my egg! I got a used MBGE from a guy off craigslist with nest, side shelves & a plate setter for $400! I almost felt bad for stealing it from him! He had it two years and only used it a handful of times! This thing is like new and less than half price! Super excited! Let the slow and low cooking begin!!!
image.jpg 2.9M
·

Comments

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,661
    Nice find....get some accessories or make em and enjoy
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • I think I'm gonna keep it simple for now. Gonna go get some lump and a remote dual thermometer and get cookin!
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,298
    Have fun!
    ·
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 2,374
    Great deal...Now you got $ 400 to spend on meat and adult beverages.. Just my way of thinking. Welcome aboard, and have fun.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Excelerate....
    ·
  • SGHSGH Posts: 13,756

Finally got my egg!    Let the slow and low cooking begin!!!
    Congradulations on the egg my friend you are going to love it. If you enjoy low and slow then you have took a step in the right direction. Properly loaded and dialed in the egg can and will provide many, many hours of trouble and worry free cooking. The egg is a tremendous all around cooker without question but in my opinion when it comes to low and slow it is in this arena that the egg truly shines. Hope you enjoy and welcome aboard.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    ·
  • boostfedboostfed Posts: 41
    Sweet pick up!!
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,469
    Eggcellent find-welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.
    Louisville
    ·
  • tksmoketksmoke Posts: 744
    Welcome Aboard!!  Enjoy the journey
    Santa Paula, CA
    ·
  • Monty77Monty77 Posts: 403
    Welcome to the dark side, good deal on the Egg! 
    Large BGE 2011, Mini Max 2015, Digi Q DX2, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from Delaware, Ontario, Canada 

·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 10,936
    Welcome to the madness :-). Nice find.
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 946
    Great snag! Hang on and enjoy the ride!
    Bristow Virginia XLBGE One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,450
    Welcome and enjoy!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 888
    Great score, I picked up a large for $300.00 on CL and a score of extras- I think there is a fine line between used and should I go new- you did well
    Visalia, Ca
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,644
    Welcome from Midlothian, VA!
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • tjosbornetjosborne Posts: 424
    Congrats, enjoy.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
    ·
  • lkapigian said:
    Great score, I picked up a large for $300.00 on CL and a score of extras- I think there is a fine line between used and should I go new- you did well
    Wow! A Large for $300??? Nice! The day after I got this one a guy called me and offered me his large for $450! Wish I would have had the extra $$$ cuz I'd own two of them right now if I did!
    ·