Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cigars

Options
jllbms
jllbms Posts: 381
Any other cigar smokers on here? It's just part of the Eggsperience for me. Obsidian White Toro tonight.
Kemah, TX

Comments

• markem
    markem Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm a cigar smoker.  Love to sit out back and smoke a cigar.  Really love it when the egg and I both smoke.  The dogs think that I am nuts, but the egg is my friend.
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    Options
    A lot of cigar smokers here but @Hapster is probably the most prolific. I've been on an Aroma de Cuba kick for the last few weeks, really good stick in my opinion.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nub Connecticut. ..tonight
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    A lot of good cigars out there. I have golf course cigars and kicking back relaxing cigars. I really like the Torano line for a good solid reasonably priced smoke. 
    Dearborn MI
  • Phattony
    Phattony Posts: 23
    Options
    I love smoking cigars while relaxing after a long week. I enjoy Artueo Fuente Hemingways mostly, but I really need to branch out this Spring and Summer. 
    Detroit, MI 
    YOLO... It's like Carpe Diem for idiots.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I'm a big Arturo Fuente fan as you can see from my profile photo. I've been smoking since about the early 90's. I like pipes too. I tend to have one when cooking or after. Opus X is my favorite.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    5 Vegas guy here
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited May 2014
    Options
    @hapster - the man. I have Cubans.....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • KenfromMI
    Options
    Fuente's are good, some are quit mild for me. As far as Cubans I don't see them being superior just different. Many people think they are better because of the fact we can't get them legally in the states. I've had some good Cubans and some I couldn't even smoke. Everyone has a different flavor profile for their palette. I smoked two last week when I was out of the country. Enjoyed one and let the other one go after 1/2 was smoked because I didn't like it. I was given some cigars that were $100 cigars that I didn't care for and I've had some $2.50 Corazon's by Davidoff from Cigar International that I just ordered more of for Golf Course smokes.......Greg, just received more 5 Vegas Gold yesterday (another Golf Course cigar) . I think the regulars are good but the Maduro's are horrible. Even after 7 months of aging the tobacco burns inside the wrapper and they don't stay lit and have a horrible draw and are rolled too tight.   
    Dearborn MI
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    I'm a big fan of CAO Americas, and Alec Bradley Family Blends. For you 5 Vegas fans, try the Animal. It will not disappoint. I usually have 1 smoke per week. Usual it's not while egging. It's usually when I'm just hanging win the neighbor. For me, cigar smoking is a social thing.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Not sure how prolific I'll be... have some kind of chest cold deal, doc sent me for chest xrays yesterday. I'm sure I'm fine, just more of cya...

Anyway

Here are the sticks I really like...

Casa Magna Colorado in the Torito size (4/34x60)
    NUB Habanos 466 or the 464T
    Alec Bradley Vice Press

XIKAR cutters and lighters :)
  • henapple
    Options
    Casa Miranda...I have a XIKAR cutter...it's a piece of junk... @hapster. Ha
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Isn't it in the BGE handbook that you must have a cigar lit for the unit to operate correctly???
    Gurkha Cellar Reserve for this kid.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • carolinakid
    carolinakid Posts: 16
    Options
    A. Fuente Double Chateau, Monteicristo #2
  • Jellyworm
    Jellyworm Posts: 96
    Options

Arturo Fuente 858 is my favoite.

Large BGE
    Houston, TX
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Short Story
    Rockey Patel Connecticut
    Avo XO Prelusio
    Olivia Serie 0 or G
    5 Vegas Gold

Garnerville, NY
  • Ladeback69
    Options
    I also like, Punch, Joya De Nicaragua, Joya De Monterrey and many more. I have XIKAR cutter and love it. I have a cheap $12 lighter that has been the best one i have ever had. I have spent $60 to $100 on them and most of them sucked. I to have had some good Cubans and some bad ones.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    +1 on the joya's
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    oh - I forgot the Romeo Julietta No 2 Cubans

The cheap lighters do last longer.  I got an expensive Colibri lighter and it sucks.

Garnerville, NY
  • chasw14
    chasw14 Posts: 31
    Options
    Really enjoying the Nub Connecticut.  Good smoke and doesnt take long to finish
  • markem
    markem Posts: 54
    Options
    robnybbq said:
    oh - I forgot the Romeo Julietta No 2 Cubans

The cheap lighters do last longer.  I got an expensive Colibri lighter and it sucks.
    I use a very cheap torch lighter.  I know many people who have converted to these.  I bought a box of 50 a few years back (when they were $2.15 each in quantity) and give them out like candy.  Adjustable flame, pretty windproof, easy to purge and refill.  I'm on my second one after 5 years with the first.

• jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Options
    Xikar lighters rock. They stand behind their warranty, too. I had one replaced for a chipping finish. Replaced by the dealer on the spot.
    Kemah, TX
  • henapple
    Options
    I use matches. ..
  • jtmiles08
    jtmiles08 Posts: 22
    Options
    5 Vegas is good, give Undercrown a try from Drew Estate, or go all out and get a Liga Privada if you can find them! Been sick the last couple of weeks from allergies and post sickness cough or something so I've stayed away from the cigars.. For now :(
    Magnolia, Tx. --- Go Navy! --- Undercrown Robusto --- Gurkha Ancient Warrior --- Acid Cold Infusion --- Liga Privada No. 9
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Liga Privadas are great sticks. Cigar International has them in abundance. It's so nice living close to the superstore in Hamburg. Heading there tomorrow.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • jtmiles08
    jtmiles08 Posts: 22
    Options
    Lucky dog! My humidor is almost maxed in capacity so buying another box wouldn't be a great idea at the moment.
    Magnolia, Tx. --- Go Navy! --- Undercrown Robusto --- Gurkha Ancient Warrior --- Acid Cold Infusion --- Liga Privada No. 9
  • Ladeback69
    Options
    Smoking a Artoro Fuente Gran Resurva tonight while cooking a Juice Lucy Meatloaf tonight.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited May 2014
    Options

I like most everything.  Here's my "humidor".  It's a 120 qt Igloo cooler.

Packerland, Wisconsin

• KenfromMI
    Options
    Liga's are good.Under crowns are good but put more smoke at rest than when you are drawing on the cigar. I've never had a cigar smoke as much as an Under Crown.

Dearborn MI
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,143
    Options

I like most everything.  Here's my "humidor".  It's a 120 qt Igloo cooler.

Very nice. How're you humidifying in there?
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!