Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

XXL on EBay, price is low!

I always cruise Craig's list and EBay and ran I to this. An XXL for $1200! And it's a buy it now! http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=261478367146 check it out!

XL BGE, Medium Project Egg

Indianapolis

·

Comments

• EndersEnders Posts: 29
    Just looked again and seller doesn't have any history, hopefully this isn't a scam

Indianapolis

·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 9,467
    Sure looks like a regular XL from my POV. I don't see a XXL going for $1,200. already without really even making to the market yet.
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,112

That's an XL, not an XXL.

Not that cheap anymore, eh?  :P

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,457
    Xtra X in the description.

·
  • EndersEnders Posts: 29
    Def not such a good deal!

Indianapolis

·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,271
    Yeah. The XXL has a more complicated spring system for the dome.
    ·
  • Monty77Monty77 Posts: 347
    Yeah. The XXL has a more complicated spring system for the dome.
    100% correct, the spring is much more robust on the XXL, used it once and its a beast!  Good work out for the arms though!  
    Large BGE 2011, Mini Max 2015, Digi Q DX2, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from Delaware, Ontario, Canada 

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,977
    edited May 2014
    Definitely an XL, but it comes with the custom table. The pics of the table aren't very good but it looks like there is no workspace around the egg so that sucks.  Why would you build a custom table with no space around it?? 

For that reason, I'm out. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,550
    So, are you guys saying that this listing IS NOT for the first XXL available in the US at 25% of the MSRP? 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 712
    I guess not....was getting excited already....

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • CAT SellerCAT Seller Posts: 205
    Did anyone else read the seller description and found it odd? It is as if the seller does not know what he has? Who refers to the daisy wheel and the ceramic top as "has two different tops".
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
    ·
  • Ladeback69Ladeback69 Posts: 1,901
    It looks like an XL to me. Not big enough for a XXL.
    XL, WSM 
    Kansas City, Mo.
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Someone could ask him a question on the listing and find out......
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • HDumptyEsqHDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    The header description says "XL". I think he made a typo in the text.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

·
  • onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 524
    And it is used... the XXL has not even shipped yet. SCAM- and that is more than I paid for mine. The DFMT is really beat up... this is an XL and the price is too high...  RUN!! 
    ·
  • I sent him a PM on eBay the other day correcting him that he has a XL not a XXL.
    ·