Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackened Grouper for Mother's Day

Options
My wife loves fish and unfortunately for her, I don't. However, for Mother's Day, I decided to make some for her for dinner. I bought some great pieces of Grouper from our local seafood place. They fly it in fresh every day and is as good as we can get here in Chicago.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I coated it heavily weigh the new Dizzy Pig Bayou-ish and then a few shakes of DP Swamp Benom to add a little bit of extra heat. This was my first time using the new Bayou-ish and it is outstanding. Love that the salt level is pretty low and not overpowering like so many other Cajun spices you buy in the store. Highly recommend!!

I heated up my Large to around 500 and put my Lodge skillet in there to heat for about 30 minutes with a some canola oil. After it was heated, I added a little bit of butter. After it melted, I put in the fish.

After about 3 minutes of cooking I flipped the fish and cooked for another 2-3 minutes before I took it off.

It smelled so good coming off of the Egg. I served it up with some Brown Rice and Sautéed Spinach.

I really enjoyed this and could be a good start for me to start eating more fish. More importantly, my wife loved it and said, "This is as good or better than I can get in a restaurant down South". Made me very proud and happy and it was such an easy cook.
Clarendon Hills, IL

Comments