Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to post pics from iPhone.

SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Any one know how or if you even can post pics to the forum from your iPhone without having to down load them to your computer? Been trying with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Just click on choose file and then you can either take a new picture or choose existing. Choose your picture and it will upload. Then right below the picture, after it uploads, click on insert image.
    NW IOWA
  • SGH
    @Phiilly35
    Thank you . One last question. When you say click choose file where is choose file at? Sorry for my ignorance.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Philly35
    Click attach a file then choose file will pop up. Let's see a picture!
    NW IOWA
  • SGH
    Just a test. Please ignore. If this works thank you @Philly35‌ for your help.

Status- Standing by.

• Philly35
    Now you have to start posting cooks!
    NW IOWA
  • SGH
    @‌Philly35

Thank you for your help. I'm going to post some things that I'm cooking over the next few days on a couple of different cookers I have just for illustrative purposes. Again thank you for your help my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited May 2014
    @SGH - I think lots of people don't think you're real.  Meaning, folks think you're one of those really super smart blasts-from-the past posters under a pseudonym.  Take that as a compliment, trust me.   I thought that for a little bit and I apologize.  But I'd like a selfie of you holding a sign next to your egg that says "I am real".  You'll make many people happy.
    Do I have to put my face in it? I'm old and ugly. I will being willing to hold a I'm real sign up by my egg or any cooker of choice my friend. Also Nola if you are free this week end I will be cooking at The Under the Oaks event just outside of Biloxi. Feel free to come by and meet me my wife and two sons. I will be cooking under the SGH banner on my vertical. This will settle all question of who and what I am. If you are in NO it's less than a hour drive my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    I'd love to meet ya man, you seem fun.   When and where?  A buddy of mine was talking about heading that way this weekend - I think you'd like him, he did the BBQ competition circuit for over a decade and had a cutting board/woodworking business...also made many of the trophies for competitions.   Great guy.
    @nolaegghead‌
    One last thing. I assure you I'm not real intelligent. I left school in the eighth grade. The things I post come from years of cooking and cooking next to some of the more accomplished cooks on the circuit back in the 80's and early 90's. I do take your words as a compliment even so.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Google under the oaks Biloxi ms. It will give turn by turn directions as well as the phone number.Just remember I'm old and can't cut up to much as my wife keeps a close eye on me my friend. But I would love to meet you in person if you are free. I'm cooking brisket and whole hog. I don't bother with poultry category any more.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    I don't associate intelligence with education in any way.  I know more educated idiots than I'm comfortable with.  No worries man.  I don't judge on the color of one's skin, or the certificates on the office wall, but the character of the person.
    edited May 2014
    @nolaegghead‌
    Just curious if you don't mind me asking. Why did you think I was someone else? I have always said any one was welcome to come by my place if they were interested, and the offer is still open to all.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    @SGH - that's an easy one.   Content - you are very knowledgeable about cooking and you articulate it well.  Your dialog on the forum fits a pattern that conforms with a classic "southern politeness" and terms of endearment, like "brother", "friend", etc.   At times, when you're especially "into" a discussion, you omit these and get down to 100% business and without that dressing, so to speak, and it seems like you are a different person.  It seemed like you're adding a handicap of excessive humility where it's really not necessary, and one would think (and it is more than one thinking this) that technique could obfuscate an identity.  But I've noticed no malice, only kindness, and genuine good information from you.  So I hope that answers your question, an I'm sorry if I had been rude previously, but troll attacks and the world in general, even though I'm not a skeptical person by nature, always makes me question everything. 

@nolaegghead

You do not owe me any apology. The reason I may have seemed a little different as of late is I have been working extremely long hours on a real odd shift. Some of the questions I was trying to answer I had been awake over 18 hours and was still on duty so im sure I didn't seem quite myself. The long hours take a toll on me now that im up in age. Also I was working mostly night shift which has always been real hard on me even when I was younger. As far as being polite I have honestly always been that way. My father was very hard on me growing up. He did not tolerate any back talk or any rudeness at all. It just kind of stuck with me through the years. I still say sir and maam to teen agers. Don't misunderstand I do not begrudge my father at all. Now that im older I understand why he raised me the way he did. At any rate im glad we cleared the air and I look forward to meeting you as well as any other forum members in the future my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    @SGH - Do you have a link?  I did this: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=under+the+oaks+Biloxi+ms

Is this the event?  It's on the 29th.

Also, if you ever venture into New Orleans, I'd welcome you to stop over to my humble abode.  My neighborhood is right across the river from the Quarter.  We welcome all visitors.
    Yes the 29th. It's a unsactioned event. All the proceeds will go to the local VFW. But you still get bragging rights if you win. I do it for the enjoyment and to help the VET'S. If needed I can have my wife post a link when she gets up in the morning. But it comes up if I google- under the oaks Biloxi ms.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Got it.  I was confused because I thought it was this weekend.  Me and my buddy were planning on heading out to his family farm some time this month (in Alabama), so may stop by.  I'll get details from you closer to the date.  Our plans are flexible, we were going to check on the farm and I was going to see a friend of his that sells commercial stoves/ovens/ranges for something nice for an outdoor kitchen.  As much as I love New Orleans, I haven't been out of town for a few months.
    Me and my wife come over your way pretty regular. We enjoy going to Dragos for chargrilled oysters. I have tried to duplicate them many times but can't quiet equal them. You and your wife should join us some time.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    edited May 2014
    I would enjoy that.  I buy sacks of oysters now and then, never think I quite duplicate Dragos', but I'm getting better.  PM me, if you're planning on coming here, with your number.
    edited May 2014
    @nolaegghead‌ @SGH Pics or it didn't happen

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• nolaegghead
    I wish @SGH was my neighbor
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Pic was a success.  Just curious- is that grate on the coals the weber sear grate like this one:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SGH
    edited May 2014
    @SmokeyPitt‌
    Yes sir. That's the one.

Status- Standing by.

• Bellavista52
    Bellavista52 Posts: 139
    My test at uploading from iPhone and beef ribs..,
    XL and Small BGEs in South Carolina
  • SGH
    You passed with flying colors. Both on the pictures and the food!!!

Status- Standing by.