Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We may still be full from Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean we’re not already looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner, too! Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Some St Louis style Spare Ribs

Here is another cook I did Sunday. I guess I could call this one the Mothers Day cook but really the meal I did Saturday was for mothers day. Anyways Here it is.

This was my first attempt at spare ribs.

I rubbed them down with some Dizzy Dust and Swamp Venom. Got the grill up to 240 using the Stoker. Put them on at 12 and Pulled them at 6. They where some of the best I have done.

Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE
photo 1.JPG 593.2K
photo 2.JPG 671.4K
photo 3.JPG 905.9K
photo 4.JPG 611.7K
photo 5.JPG 770.2K

• RRPRRP Posts: 16,827
    Look gooooood! St Louis style spares rock! I haven't gone back to BB in maybe 3 years and don't miss them at all! Funny thing before I became an egger I never tried BB and then is seemed like eggers ONLY cooked BB - not sure it was a snob thing - just the apparent preference. I'm so glad I regained my senses! LOL
    Dunlap, IL
  • Jeffroe189Jeffroe189 Posts: 213
    Thanks Ron. I used to do BB all the time. I just picked up a 3 pack of the spare ribs at Costco and figured I would give it a shot. I'm glad I did. They where much better than the BB I have done previously.
  • ericpericp Posts: 152
    looks great
  • boostfedboostfed Posts: 63
    great lookin cook! did you sauce at all?
  • Jeffroe189Jeffroe189 Posts: 213
    boostfed said:

great lookin cook! did you sauce at all?

Yes we used some warm bbq sauce called Old Mule. It's locally made in North Carolina somewhere. It's actually a really good sauce. We just doped them as we are them.
  • pasoeggpasoegg Posts: 281
    St Louis style rocks - nice cook

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC