Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Who Uses Your BGE?

Mrs. TOTN prepared Mother's Day dinner for her mom on Sunday. As she does not use the Egg, the meal was prepared the old-fashioned way; on the kitchen stove.

Just curious how many of you have single-user eggs vs. shared?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 1,186
    I'm the only one who uses it.  My wife doesn't cook though...
    Large BGE
    Morton, IL

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 5,029
    Me,myself & I are the only eggers at our house

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 11,509
    Occasionally our Son will give me a hand. Tells me when he gets a home he wants a BGE. :D
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
  • stemc33stemc33 Posts: 3,302
    Just myself.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,108
    edited May 2014
    me, myself and I
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,636
    me
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,570
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,921
    SWMBO has no interest-so I'm it and quite happy with that arrangement (BGE eggscape time!)
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 3,946
    Just me.. Wife doesn't cook much, but will.. I wanted her to learn the basics about it though incase I cannot do something.  The other day I had her open the bottom vent a little while I was feeding the baby where the temps were a little low for the cook I was doing. 
    Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Be kind; as everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC - Large BGE - Medium BGE - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg) - Grid Extender - Bayou Classic 14" CI griddle
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Just me. The wife has no interest.
    Madison, CT
    LBGE June 2013. 

• johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,895
    Just me at my house. Everyone loves what comes off of it, but they don't offer to do it. 
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • plumbfir01plumbfir01 Posts: 715
    My wife is learning to prep and light then stabilize for cooks. She will be cooking on her own occasionally when I am at firehouse. 
    Beaufort, SC
  • tjosbornetjosborne Posts: 425
    Just me.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,198
    Sounds pretty typical so far, the egg appears to be the sole domain of the gentleman of the house in most cases. I'd be interested to hear from the lady members if their husbands use the egg....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 469
    Although I do the majority of the cooks, The Gaber has no problem working the egg and in fact cooks a better steak than I do.  Here she is on a full tilt sear.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• JellywormJellyworm Posts: 41
    Just me and I like it that way!
    Large BGE
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,295

We have a rule at our house if you do the cooking the other does the dishes. SWMBO only cooks indoors, and I usually end up helping out seeing as that is what I do for a living. Plus its sometimes painful to watch her do things the hard way.

I am the only one who ever touches the egg.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Motley Brew.

• CharlesmaneriCharlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    For the most part I use my Eggs exclusively but every once in a while my son the chef uses my egg 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,145
    Sounds pretty typical so far, the egg appears to be the sole domain of the gentleman of the house in most cases. I'd be interested to hear from the lady members if their husbands use the egg....
    I'm the only one who cooks on our LBGE.  
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
  • BoatswainBoatswain Posts: 27
    The only people I would trust to use my BGE are other Egg Heads. Example: Last Thanksgiving my buddy (who introduced me to the BGE) wanted to smoke a turkey while I opted to deep fry one as is tradition in my family. So I invited him to use mine so we could all be together throughout the day rather than just meal time.

On another note, I recently let a good friend who has fallen on some bad times move in with us, He loves what i cook and wants one and wants to "try it out". I suggested to him that he should observe the process and fine tune it when he gets his own.
  • TheShaytoonTheShaytoon Posts: 420
    Others are lucky that I will let them LOOK at it...let them touch it? That's just going overboard.  You need to slow your roll, kitty kat.

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
    Dallas, TX

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,218
    Just me... My wife and family love what I make on it most of the time. My wife will occasionally make something inside, but usually we are having either freshly egged meals or egg leftovers used in another dish
  • AcnAcn Posts: 1,085
    I'm the only one who grills, either egg or gas. My wife has kept an eye on temps and made slight adjustments on longer cooks when I've had to run out during the day. When my inlaws house sat when we went to Disney last month I offered to show my father in law, so he could use it, but he declined.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 750
    Just me. Wifey rules the in-door kitchen so I get the outside domain  :D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• RACRAC Posts: 1,529
    Just me now. We we first got the large my wife was very interested in learning how to cook on it until she opened it once and lost a great deal of eyebrows and her hair. How she won't touch it! 

Ricky

Spring, TX

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,469
    Mostly me, but I encourage anyone, who wants, to use it.  I usually delegate filling, lighting and grilling whenever people ask "Anything I can do to help?" (when a group of people are here).  Have some egger friends, but I'll throw a novice in the mix, with supervision.

• SearatSearat Posts: 79
    Mostly me but the boy has been trained and joins in the fun every now and then. Pizza seems to be one of his favorites.
  • DawnlDawnl Posts: 223
    Me, my son loves the food off the Egg but no way will he touch it, I like it that way.

Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,198
    Mostly me, but I encourage anyone, who wants, to use it.  I usually delegate filling, lighting and grilling whenever people ask "Anything I can do to help?" (when a group of people are here).  Have some egger friends, but I'll throw a novice in the mix, with supervision.
    You have learned to keep your guests busy, helping with the egging chores - we've all seen what happens when you did it all yourself allowing them to type "true" messages on your logged in computer, don't ask don't tell......
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.