Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SS Table Christening Cook (pic heavy)

Options

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Eggcelsior‌ where do you see the location besides the screen shot of FCN Doppler of the storm? I don't see that even on full site view.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ The GPS coordinates are embedded in the EXIF data of the image. @Eggcelsior has a Chrome plugin so he can snoop. :))
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    EXIF data. I have an app that allows me to see EXIF(data embedded in photos that show camera model, aperture, shutter speed) in photos people take. If you have camera location services turned on, it shows in the viewer with the coordinates in a Google map. It is usually turned on by default and easy to turn off, unless you want it on.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    DMW said:

@NPHuskerFL‌ The GPS coordinates are embedded in the EXIF data of the image. @Eggcelsior has a Chrome plugin so he can snoop. :))

I like seeing EXIF to find out what settings people shoot with to find out how they were composed. If GPS is on, I let the person know.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options

DMW said:

I like seeing EXIF to find out what settings people shoot with to find out how they were composed. If GPS is on, I let the person know.
    Was just goofing. I don't *think* you're a stalker.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    DMW said:

DMW said:

Was just goofing. I don't *think* you're a stalker.

Come at me, bro!
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    I did not know this. Geo Tagged photos hmmm crazy. Removed. Thanks for telling me ;-).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Great lookin' setup! 

Coupla thoughts... If you move the umbrella toward the front of the table, the cook might have a better chance of staying dry. Except in a storm like THAT!! :)

Also, I have no idea how much the egg expands when it gets hot, but it does and that SS is awfully close. Be a shame to cut your egg in two! Worth keeping an eye on. Cheap fix, a patio block under the table nest. More cash... cut a larger hole.

I'm sure you've seen this pic of lowercase bill's mini... same idea.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Carolina Q
    Yep, very true! I saw this RIGHT away. Todd will be making new legs (he ran out of 2" SS square stock but, I'll be picking them up either Wed or Thurs). The new legs should allow for about 1/8" gap which should be safe.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Cool. At 1/8", I'd still keep an eye on it. Hate to see you lose a base!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options

Cool. At 1/8", I'd still keep an eye on it. Hate to see you lose a base!

really? I've never analyzed it. But, I just ran it at 450℉ and saw no real cause for concern. But, when I roll out a pizza or CI sear at 600℉-750℉ I would be leary. Right now the largest gap I have is 3/16" so at an 1/8" or slightly more I'll have a better "warm and fuzzy". But of course I'll watch it. I'll also be using some Permatex Ultra Copper to seal it.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Just being cautious, that's all.

You'll like the ultra copper. It comes in Bronco orange. 
    :))

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• NPHuskerFL
    edited May 2014
    Options

Just being cautious, that's all.

You'll like the ultra copper. It comes in Bronco orange. 
    :))
    Oh ****! It's orange!?!???? Really?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    You didn't know?! LOL!! Yeah, very orange. It mellows after a while though. Here's my Mini, freshly applied... and my large after a while. Large used to look like the mini. Not sure how long this will take with the heat level around the outside of the egg. Not long at all for the gasket.

imageimage

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options

fusionhq said:

Near my neck of the woods!!

Where are you @?
    Near the beach. You?

• NPHuskerFL
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Middleburg. St Augustine (Vilano Beach is my preference) is about 40minutes away. And the same for Jax, Atlantic, Neptune and Ponte Vedra Beaches. And you?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • fusionhq
    Options
    I'm closer to Neptune beach,but work in orange park. Have family in middle burg too.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Carolina Q‌ I already had bought it with the anticipation of going to Rutland in the future. And thought it would be perfect but Orange and Green visible on my Husker SS table...Nope that ain't happening (hate Miami Canes)! Is there a clear high temp sealant you are aware of?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @fusionhq‌ very cool! Ya I do the repairs there in your neck of the woods at Salt Life Food Shack restaurant, Ritas and DQ. SmokeWare is literally a hop skip and a stumble from you.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • fusionhq
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ I'm very familiar with those restaurants and frequent them. I actually know the guys pretty well who started the salt life brand. What/who is smoke ware?! Am I missing something!!??!!
  • fusionhq
    Options
    Never mind. Googled it. I had no idea. I know the ace sells the SS Chimneys.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    ...(hate Miami Canes)...
    That's okay. EVERYONE hates the Canes.  :)) It really doesn't stay orange for long. At least not on the gasket. Maybe RRP knows of a "less colorful" sealant. Perhaps just plain old silicone?

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Carolina Q‌ I found Rutland has clear but, only good to intermittent temp of 500℉ VS 700℉ that the Ultra Copper provides. I might have to just pretend it's Christmas colors ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    What say you Ron? @RRP‌
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Not sure that I have dived back far enough in this thread, but the Permantex Ultra Copper is your best choice for temperature, but it will not stay copper colored or orange very longs hen the Rutland is embedded properly!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Carolina Q
    edited May 2014
    Options
    He wants to seal between the egg and the SS table top. Has an aversion to orange.  :D

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Husker_13
    Husker_13 Posts: 29
    Options
    Awesome table and of course I really love the Husker bottle opener and Nebraska l. plate. Nasty in Omaha too yesterday with torrential rain and tornado warnings. Both of my BGE's came out unscathed which is all that matters:-)
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @rrp do ya figure the exterior of the egg to be to hot to use clear Rutland (good up to 500℉ intermittently) or is the Ultra Copper (which shows good to 700℉ intermittently) a better suite? I already have the Permatex with the anticipation of ordering Rutland from you when it comes time. Thanks Ron.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Orange???
    Someone mentioned Orange?
    ~Perks up~

Oh Gasket sealant's orange.

Don't mind me..... :))
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ