Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This is how we do it in our little town!

Options

A friend of mine owns a lunch restaurant in our small little town of maybe 3,000. Every Monday he rolls his XL BGE out on the sidewalk and cooks some very tasty burgers. 

He gets a lot more business than he would otherwise since the smell of egg cooked burgers is all over downtown! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Awesome!  Great marketing scheme too! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    That guy is a real risk taker, huh? Seeing no casters on the front then he has to lift and tilt that cart to move it. I would have dumped that egg the first time I moved it. BTW either that table is short or the guy must be really tall! I mean the grill height must be 5 or 6 feet off the ground!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • kthacher
    kthacher Posts: 155
    Options
    RRP said:
    That guy is a real risk taker, huh? Seeing no casters on the front then he has to lift and tilt that cart to move it. I would have dumped that egg the first time I moved it. BTW either that table is short or the guy must be really tall! I mean the grill height must be 5 or 6 feet off the ground!

Thought the same thing. How does he not have a Humpty Dumpty act?
    Winnipeg, Canada
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Some good marketing
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    @RRP and @kthacher I have never seen him move it, but I am sure it isn't easy. He rolls into the building it is in front of. You can't really see it in the pic, but the threshold he has to cross is pretty high. 

If I had to do it I would have casters on all 4 wheels, and the egg would be lower (more secure) in the table. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That is pretty cool!  What is the name of your friend's restaurant?  

Maybe you can help him build/modify the table in exchange for free burgers ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    Options
    Good idea and I like that white chevy btw. 
    Beaufort, SC
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt The restaurant is the Home Fresh Bistro. It is his wife's. He owns a siding and gutter business, but he is always there to cook burgers on Monday. 

@plumbfir01 The Chevy is mine! I am ready for a new one, but it will have to wait!