Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

No turning back now!

Well after several weeks of design changes and weather delays, we've finally started the mini outdoor kitchen!  I went back and forth on the BGE size and (with help from this forum) decided on the XL.  I planned on waiting to finish the kitchen before purchasing the BGE, but couldn't stand waiting any longer and purchased an XL Saturday!  Was able to light it and play with the temperature control a little yesterday.  At one point I set the temperature @ approx. 300 and left for a couple of hours.  When I came back, it was still approx. 300 - I think I'm going to enjoy cooking on this.  Anyway, thanks for the help up to this point and I look forward learning the art of the BGE from everyone on this forum!

Thanks,

Steve

XL - Chattanooga, TN
3.JPG 2.6M
5.JPG 2.9M
6.JPG 2.1M
13.JPG 2.1M
14B.JPG 1.7M
·

Comments

• GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 239
    That will be nice. I have been thinking about doing that myself. I don't see that Bullet parked anywhere. You get on fastbass.com at all or coming to the Rally at J. P. Coleman? Bunch of Bullet lovers on fastbass.
    ·
  • SJ21XDCSJ21XDC Posts: 228
    Yep, the Bullet is setting at a boat storage facility and unfortunately hasn't been used much the last few years because of the kid's baseball.  I'll get back into fishing in a couple of years but right now I'm enjoying watching my boys play ball.
    XL - Chattanooga, TN
    ·
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 2,799
    That is the way to go Steve. Welcome to the life! 
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
    Thanks John.  Looking forward to it!
    XL - Chattanooga, TN
    ·
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 2,667
    Very nice looking crib and mini outdoor kitchen!
    Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomasville, NC - Large BGE (w/Nest) - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg)

Facebook
    My Photography Site
    ·
    Thanks Matt.
    XL - Chattanooga, TN
    ·