Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Denver/Coloardo people, where do you buy full packers?

Options
I have found them at walmart but I want a better quality cut.  The Tonys meat place by me wants over $10/pound for a flat only.  Tonys is ridiculously over priced and the meat I have had there I don't think is that great.  I am in Centennial but am willing to drive for a reasonable packer that is at least choice or prime.  Where do you all buy your meats?

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Wal-Mart can carry quality brisket, just make sure they're choice.
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    Sam's Club.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• Supercilious_In_5280
    Options
    every now and then i see one at the super king soupers on leetsdale. but usually i just see them as flats...
  • busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    Options
    every now and then i see one at the super king soupers on leetsdale. but usually i just see them as flats...

Yep, I check king supers weekly.  they always just tell me "we can order them".  Im a spur of the moment type guy so ordering isn't usually my thing but maybe ill have to.

The walmart by me only ever has select cut.  this has worked for my practice cooks, but I want to buy a better cut of meat to see what kind of end result I can get.  my walmart briskets have been ok, but not great

• busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    Options
    Well, as luck would have it I did some grocery shopping at a different king supers yesterday because it was in the area I was eating lunch.  As I always do when I am at any grocery store, I looked at their meat selection.  Guess what?!?!?  they had choice full packers for about $3.50/pound.  Score!  In case anyone cares, this was the newly remodeled king supers at University and Arapahoe by Arapahoe high school.