Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some St Louis style Spare Ribs

Here is another cook I did Sunday. I guess I could call this one the Mothers Day cook but really the meal I did Saturday was for mothers day. Anyways Here it is.

This was my first attempt at spare ribs.

I rubbed them down with some Dizzy Dust and Swamp Venom. Got the grill up to 240 using the Stoker. Put them on at 12 and Pulled them at 6. They where some of the best I have done.

Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE, MiniMax, Blackstone

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Look gooooood! St Louis style spares rock! I haven't gone back to BB in maybe 3 years and don't miss them at all! Funny thing before I became an egger I never tried BB and then is seemed like eggers ONLY cooked BB - not sure it was a snob thing - just the apparent preference. I'm so glad I regained my senses! LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Jeffroe189
    Jeffroe189 Posts: 273
    Thanks Ron. I used to do BB all the time. I just picked up a 3 pack of the spare ribs at Costco and figured I would give it a shot. I'm glad I did. They where much better than the BB I have done previously.
  • ericp
    ericp Posts: 152
  • boostfed
    boostfed Posts: 63
    great lookin cook! did you sauce at all?
  • Jeffroe189
    Jeffroe189 Posts: 273
    boostfed said:

great lookin cook! did you sauce at all?

Yes we used some warm bbq sauce called Old Mule. It's locally made in North Carolina somewhere. It's actually a really good sauce. We just doped them as we are them.
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    St Louis style rocks - nice cook

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC