Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What are y'all cooking for Mother's Day?

2»

Comments

• johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 1,585
    I am doing Beef ribs and will be using this recipe..http://www.nibblemethis.com/2010/09/beef-back-ribs-aka-dino-bones.html
    We had a horrendous thunder storm just as I was firing up the Egg..However the end product was awesome..
    beef ribs.jpg 526.8K
    Greensboro North Carolina
    ·
  • Jeffroe189Jeffroe189 Posts: 212
    This was our Mothers Day meal.
    photo 1.JPG 591.8K
    photo 2.JPG 568.9K
    Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE
    ·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 942
    Shits! I better go get some hooch... swmbo needs a Mexican martini on mom's day, and I just polished it off. Austin doesn't sell liquor on Sundays, but beer and md 20/20 is not a problem(?). I'll do steaks, Brussel sprouts, and... Mexican martinis.

Great cook @Jeffroe189‌ !
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,807
    I hate those "blue laws". 

Here in New Orleans, I can buy Kentucky Bourbon at a day care center on Sunday morning, pour it in a cup and walk around the French Quarter smoking a cigar.  Just don't pee in public.

·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,271
    A box of Costco lobster tails !
    ·
  • jllbmsjllbms Posts: 357
    Flank steak pinwheels. First time ever, here goes!
    Long Beach, MS
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,712
    Home ground burgers (chuck, brisket and pork). Going to stuff them with blue cheese or other sigh bacon crumbled throughout.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • Mother's Day Eggstravaganza includes clams, St. Louis cut ribs and cedar planked salmon. For the mother of my children and her mother. Pics to follow in a separate post. But first, kids will help me make lemon ricotta pancakes (not on egg).
    It's a 302 thing . . .
    ·
  • tksmoketksmoke Posts: 738
    GFU requested ribs!!!  Quite a pleasant surprise, as it's been diet time here - mainly chicken, veggies and seafood.  Going to do Turbo Baby Backs.
    Santa Paula, CA
    ·
  • SGHSGH Posts: 11,889
    edited May 2014
    @Wolfpack
    Yes sir . We fabricated the umbilicals, risers and the mainline. The PLET'S were fabricated in Houston and shipped here via barge. Hadrian South mainline sits in just a little over 7,000 feet of water. It ties into Anadarko's floating platform LUCIUS. You can google and get general info on the project if interested. The spooling is what's beyond amazing. That can be viewed by googling Technip Deep Blue Spooling Ship. Hope every one has a safe and happy Mothers Day.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,452
    Waffles, no egg involved. We are going to son's house for brunch. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • dagrillerdagriller Posts: 74
    edited May 2014
    Wings and burgers, still getting to know the new AR.image
    image.jpg 2.1M
    LBGE Johns Creek, GA
    ·
  • mmundy81mmundy81 Posts: 36
    Here are some pics of the final product. It went on the xl at 235 at 10:30 Saturday night. It came off at about 1:30 Sunday afternoon at an IT of about 194, at which point it was pretty loose and pliable, for a couple hours of FTC. I do a lot of brisket, and have done srf before, and this is probably my best work to date. I do, however, suck at photography, so these iPhone pics don't do it justice.
    ·