Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Big Boy Grilled Cheese

Monty77Monty77 Posts: 257
edited May 10 in EggHead Forum
Been busy around the garden today and I worked up a bit of an appetite. 

I already had the egg going from breakfast so I decided to make some grilled cheese sandwiches.  Its nothing special, but I make mine with one different ingredient, pesto! 

I slather on a healthy coating of butter to both outer sides of the bread, on the inside I spread on one side a layer of the pesto and then cover with two slices of deli cheese.  Today I am using a colby-Jack combo!  I had the egg stable at 400* with my cast iron 1/2 moon rib side up.  I add the bread to the grill,  a nice little sizzle as the butter starts to melt and a few minutes later I am flipping to finish the other side.

Once removed, I let them stand for about 2 minutes to eat, and serve with my favourite side snacks. 

I realize there is no WOW factor on this one, just a nice and simple easy lunch recipe I thought I would share!  I will say for those who have not tried grilled cheese with pesto, I would highly recommend as it adds that extra flavour that just puts it over the top!  Kids enjoy it as well, wasn't sure about that until I tested it last week and they loved it. 

Enjoy! 
Large BGE, Digi Q DX2, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from Delaware, Ontario, Canada 

Comments