Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is it?

Options
jllbms
jllbms Posts: 381
Ruminating on exactly how to refer to cooking on the Egg. When the lid is closed on an elevated grid, I wouldn't call it grilling even on direct heat. I think roasting might be correct, in which case a trip to the roasting cookbook might be in order.

Thoughts?
Kemah, TX

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    It is a hybrid of its own. You get contact, radiant, reflective and convective heat all in one depending on how you are set up. So my advice is to keep making the trip here to this forum my friend. You won't find any better recipes or advice any where. This is your one shop stop for all things egg related. But it won't hurt a thing to look in the roasting book my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jllbms
    Options
    Roger that! I have a copy of Barbara Kafka's Roasting in my lap now!
    Kemah, TX
  • jllbms
    Options
    Do any of you use roasting pans in the Egg?
    Kemah, TX
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Most of us call it "Egging"

:-B

XLBGE 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

Most of us call it "Egging"

:-B

I'm with the murse. Takes one to know one.
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    jllbms said:
    Do any of you use roasting pans in the Egg?
    Yes any may other cooking items. Woks, Dutch Ovens, Baking stones, Cedar planks you name it someone here has most likely used it on the Egg.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL