Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Unfinished spare ribs

I'm making dinner for a friend who has lost a family member. Doing spare ribs turbo and delivering today for consumption tomorrow. My thought was to do 45 mins each side and let him finish them in the oven tomorrow... Good plan or do you have a better one?
Thanks guys!!!

LBGE

BTFU!

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I gonna give it a minute to see if any one else will answer this for you. If they don't I will give you my opinion on this but it's probably not going to be the answer that you want to hear.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Here goes brother. First let me say that I'm not a fan at all of partially cooking meat for several reasons. I'm not saying that it can't be done with good results but it's not a recommended practice in my opinion except for people who are well versed in this style of cooking. That being said I would recommend cooking your ribs done and instruct him on how to properly warm them. Others may offer you a alternative method and I hope they do so you have several options to choose from. But I can't offer any thing on the partial cook as I don't do it or recommend it. Again I think your best bet is to cook them done and let him warm them per your instructions. Wish I could have been more helpful brother and sorry to hear of your friends loss. Good luck.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    edited May 2014
    +1 what @SGH said. I'm the only rib eater here so I always have half a rack left over. I have found the easiest and best way to warm them after being in the frig is to cut them apart and then microwave 2 at a time. No need to suggest exact times since micros are different but for sure do not use full power...70% works best for me and only reheats the meat and not over cook it.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I would agree with @SGH. IMHO ribs warmup nicely without drying put due to their high fat content. A short period of radiation from the magnetron is even acceptable for ribs IMO.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Hankyorke
    Hankyorke Posts: 146
    Perfect! Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

LBGE

BTFU!

• SGH
    You are more than welcome my friend

Status- Standing by.