Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

anyone have a Price on XL with nest

I got to working with a dealer and come out with a price on XL with Nest for 1124+tax. Is that a pretty good price? Just trying to see if this is the deal ive been waiting for.. Thanks all. 
Beaufort, SC

Comments

• stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Not bad. I paid 100 less than that 4 years ago. I think
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    edited May 2014
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Retails very in different parts of the country.  The closer to mothership the cheaper they are...or so it seems.  I think it is a good practice to support your local dealer, or he may not be there when you need him the next time something comes up. JMO

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    That's a really good price.
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    edited May 2014

SMITTYtheSMOKERplumbfir01  buy the one I linked to on CL I was just showing him  that it would be a deal at $1100 from what we see.

Cheers

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Seems good to me. I paid close to that for mine without a nest 2 years ago.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Retails very in different parts of the country.  The closer to mothership the cheaper they are...or so it seems.  I think it is a good practice to support your local dealer, or he may not be there when you need him the next time something comes up. JMO
    BGE's distribution model could improve this price disparity with a few warehouses hubs around the country to reduce the LTL shipping costs through efficiency.  Their current model reminds me of selling cement to the whole country through a plant in Atlanta. 

The fallout with the current model is what you said, the added cost due to distance from Atlanta, and the reluctance of dealers to order because of the expense of shipping - they want to make some minimum order threshold to keep their costs down, whether that's a pallet or something set by BGE, you would know better than I, but it hurts, from what I've read here, the BGE customer as they can have trouble getting replacement domes.

Also, it makes the BGE less competitive against other brands of kamados as a function of these dynamics.  The BGE hype, mainly through its customer base, makes it a brand name that people will pay extra for (and better warranty coverage).  Most of the BGE owners have money, and that's their target customer, apparently.
    PS - that is a good price.
    I just paid $1150.00 XL and nest, got the platesetter half off.
    Just got it last month.
    2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
    Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ
  • plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    kdink said:
    I just paid $1150.00 XL and nest, got the platesetter half off.
    Just got it last month.
    was that out the door after or before tax?
    Beaufort, SC