Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...Clowney

Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
You're welcome, Houston. B-) :D I'm now a Houston fan. That is all. Nighty night egghead forum. ;)

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Monstre de la nature
    @nolaegghead enjoy watching brandin cooks. Don't let his size fool you, he's a total stud and was amazing to watch on the beavs team this year.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @nolaegghead enjoy watching brandin cooks. Don't let his size fool you, he's a total stud and was amazing to watch on the beavs team this year.
    Yeah, I get where they're coming from...Drew loves to dump off to a slot receiver and this guy can turn short throws into long runs.
    I understand that he was the best player available in the draft. And I understand picking the best player but the texans need a qtr back terribly. And still do. :-?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • The NFL Draft (aka Christmas) continues today. The Buccaneers are definitely a better team with Mike Evans than without, however, everyone else in the division also made solid choices and got better too. The top QB's are about gone and we need more picks!!

We've been enjoying our Egg for only a couple of short months, and it was nice to be cooking on it while the Draft was happening. I'm looking forward to continuing to learn about cooking on the the Egg. By Training camp I'm hoping my BGE skills are coming together so that when the regular season hits, I'm on my game!

I love the Big Green Egg and Go Bucs!!
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    @dyal_sc - I'm with ya!  Go Texans!  Go 'Cocks!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    I just can't stop laughing at the notion that the Browns picked Manziel because a homeless guy convinced the owner it was a good idea.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    The Lions have needed a secondary for years and they still do. TE Eric Ebron is a receiving TE, but they already have 2 TEs. Sadly, building up their secondary to help their very good D line is not their priority.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I just can't stop laughing at the notion that the Browns picked Manziel because a homeless guy convinced the owner it was a good idea.  
    And this:

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Oh yeah, Cooks is a great athlete and he had a super career at Oregon State.  If only he hadn't had to play against U o O Ducks every year...........................
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Fred19Flintstone - I am pretty stoked about watching Eric Ebron.  Assuming the Lions are going with the 2TE setup.  That is big time, especially with their threats. 

As far as Clowney goes, I am not so sure he will be an "impact" like he thinks he will or others.  His work ethic will hopefully get better with mentors, etc. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    I think its funny the Cowboys passed on Manziel... Poor guy has to go to the Browns. 

Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Texans could still get Carr today/tonight. @tarheelmatt‌ - don't believe the media. No work ethic issues...he is just a laid back southern boy. I do think JJ Watt will ride his arse everyday in practice and Houston is a good fit for him.
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Eggcelsior
    I think its funny the Cowboys passed on Manziel... Poor guy has to go to the Browns. 

He will be better for it.He gets to throw to Gordon and Cameron and not have to deal with Jerry.
  • tarheelmatt
    @4Runner, watching him against UNC last year was eye opening... Going into the game I thought he was going to pulverize UNC, but most times his hands were on his hips heaving for air..Even Steve Spuriur called him out on his work ethic. 

I will give it to him, the guy is a freaking beast... I would love to see him shake things up. 

I know how the "laid back southern boy" is.. like a-la- Julius Peppers.  Still one of my favorite players, but he is laid back and lacks drive most times.  Clowney reminds me of Peppers in many aspects. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795

"Clowney reminds me of Peppers in many aspects."

Can Clowney hoop like Peppers?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    edited May 2014
    I am a die hard SEC fan and pull for them against anyone... but not like that sketchy dude from the NCAA bracket  =))   1310Monster or whatever he is.....I thought Johnny was too small to do any good in the NFL and I really think any chance he had at making it is now gone. The Browns OL will not be able to protect him and he is going to take shot after shot after shot. I am a gamecock yes and I think Conner Shaw would be a good snatch by any team needing a QB. His only major flaw is consistent Long Ball which can be fixed with mechanics. He is a definite leader and I have watched several games where he has come in the game injured and turned it around to win....That is a team that rallies around the QB/Leader.. I wish all these young men the best of luck and hope they are smart enough to not be screwed by agents, family and "friends"..
    Beaufort, SC
  • tarheelmatt
    @Foghorn, I don't know if can ball like that now... :)
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795

"The Browns OL will not be able to protect him and he is going to take shot after shot after shot."

That may give him an excuse to improvise like he does so well. I think he's too slippery to get subjected to "shot after shot after shot".  He's been evading future pros for two years in the SEC.  But I could see someone like a Clowney delivering that one good shot when he turns to reverse field on a scramble...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168

Fred19Flintstone - I am pretty stoked about watching Eric Ebron.  Assuming the Lions are going with the 2TE setup.  That is big time, especially with their threats. 

As far as Clowney goes, I am not so sure he will be an "impact" like he thinks he will or others.  His work ethic will hopefully get better with mentors, etc. 

Don't get me wrong. He will be good. I think a secondary is more urgently needed, that's all. Maybe he can get Megatron shook loose!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior

Don't get me wrong. He will be good. I think a secondary is more urgently needed, that's all. Maybe he can get Megatron shook loose!
    CJ doesn't need any help. This is going to make him an even bigger monster.
  • tarheelmatt

CJ doesn't need any help. This is going to make him an even bigger monster.
    You're right, CJ don't need help, other than a QB to get him the ball.  Now, if that run the 2 TE set, plus Megatron and Golden Tate.  Stafford will be a hell of a fantasy pick!
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • 4Runner
    edited May 2014
    @4Runner, watching him against UNC last year was eye opening... Going into the game I thought he was going to pulverize UNC, but most times his hands were on his hips heaving for air..Even Steve Spuriur called him out on his work ethic. 

I will give it to him, the guy is a freaking beast... I would love to see him shake things up. 

I know how the "laid back southern boy" is.. like a-la- Julius Peppers.  Still one of my favorite players, but he is laid back and lacks drive most times.  Clowney reminds me of Peppers in many aspects. 

I saw the game. It was hot and humid that day and most were doing the same as JD. It's just that the camera was on JD before and after every play. And the media made a big deal every time he took a sip of water. He pretty much had his way but the offensive scheme ran away from him and/or double teamed him every play. He made several plays and one was used as a highlight last night. Just media hype is all is my point. Spurrier had no problems with his work ethic...just not like Lattimore is what he said. People compare him to Peppers but each are unique and the game has changed too. http://fansided.com/2014/05/07/nfl-draft-rumors-jadeveon-clowneys-floor-julius-peppers-mario-williams/#!LwIk0
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
  • plumbfir01
    I was at that game against UNC. Pretty nasty heat and if im not mistaking, wasnt he sick? 
    Beaufort, SC
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Those UNC unis were sick...

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• tarheelmatt
    @Chris_Wang, I thought so too, but I am a little biased. 

@plumbfir01, I don't think so, but I do know it was hot and humid that day.  I never noticed anyone else quite like Clowny though. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Chris_Wang
    @tarheelmatt‌ Last night was the first night that I had seen them. Props to Fedora or whoever made that happen.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• plumbfir01
    @tarheelmatt  i guess you or the Qb remeber much from that game  :P

“The night before I had a stomach virus,” he said. “All night long, to this morning. I didn't want to talk about that.”He certainly didn't want to talk about his pregame meal of “a banana and a couple of grapes.” That sounds too much like that excuse but it does begin to explain a lot on a night when the 6-foot-6, 274-pound freak was equal parts dogging it, lollygagging and -- during brief flashes – brilliant.
    Beaufort, SC
  • 4Runner
    I was at that game against UNC. Pretty nasty heat and if im not mistaking, wasnt he sick? 

Forgot about that...he was essentially on a liquid only diet the day before and day of the game. Here is a 7 min highlight reel of Clowney during that game. Clearly out of gas in the closing minutes when he missed the sack on around the 15 yard line or so. Dirty play at the 6:15 mark... http://youtu.be/AnnTNVWK0lg
  • Chris_Wang
    The all black UNC uniform was what I was referencing, but the away white tops are sweet as well

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer