Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

one handy dandy light

eggoreggor Posts: 777
edited 12:54PM in EggHead Forum
IMG_1375_1.jpg
<p />well I got back from Nebraska and mom made a great dinner and we all ate way too much. I stopped and got a book on CD -you know those can save a marriage;o)- and then loaded up with gas at a truckstop.[p]Always looking at stuff i found a mini mag and next to it a bracket for a big rig mirror (i think). well it seemed like a perfect match.[p]IMG_1376_1.jpg[p]the bracket to mount the flashlight cost a few extra bucks, but I just kind of pieced it all together using longer bolts, a 1 lb empty can (i prefer california pitted ripe olives) filled with lead shot.[p]I was gonna mount it permanent to the table, but thought it would come in handy being portable.[p]Never know when you'll come across something new for the egg... think outside the box!!![p]Scott
·

Comments

• badbrucebadbruce Posts: 353
    Hi eggor,
    I like the fact that you keep the lawn trimmed. lol
    Cheers & happy holidays,
    bruce

·
  • Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
    eggor,[p]How did you cut that marble top for that Egg table? That looks even better than tile![p]

·
  • eggor,
    You could really help the car wash buiness that is light years behind in technology. Love your ideas.[p]Mike

·
  • eggor, Great idea! But you may want to rethink the lead shot near food.
    That is if it is real lead. Swap it out for pea gravel or sand or cement or steel shot.

·
  • eggoreggor Posts: 777
    badbruce,[p]thanks, but i have to give credit to my wife and my 91 year old niehbor for the lawn work. :)[p]Scott

·
    Prof Dan,[p]use a diamond blade in a right angle grinder for the cuts, to get a good looking clean cut you will need to invest in some specialty grinding wheels to get a good finish.[p]If i were to guess, depending on what tools you may already have, it will cost about a 100 bucks in specialty tools. Email me if you want more specifics.[p]Scott

·
    Mike,[p]Funny that you mention that about the carwash industry. One of our customers, at work, sells stuff in your business. The prints are 10 to 15 years old and they aren't open to suggestions on design recommendations. Oh well, it just costs them more money, bad thing is they are trying to dictate part cost and its a very low profit margin.[p]Scott

·
  • eggor,
    Please send me an e-mail about this.
    I need more info.[p]Mike

·