Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1958 Oak Dresser -> 2 Egg Table Conversion

Options
When I moved to DC in 2010, my Dad gave me a hand-me-down, retro, oak dresser that my grandparents had ordered and built for them in Franklin, NC. The thing is solid. 

When I was sanding it down I found a stamp on it that said 1958. 

Amidst our many moves around DC and VA it somehow slipped into the U-Haul each time and cycled through 3 of our townhouses, up and down sets of stairs and around impossible corners. It was in pretty rough shape and had 5 shades of sharpie, crayon and scratches on the surface. Even after I sanded it and stained it, it was never quite up to par for our "decor," so I was told. Honestly, it was a little bulky and didn't operate so smooth. The drawers were a bit finicky and my wife was not a huge fan of it - indoors. But it served a purpose and met two qualifications - it was 1) free and 2) worked ok. However, being somewhat nostalgic about it, I could never bring myself to try and sell it or give it away. I thought it might still have a good use - outdoors.

Last year I did some serious restoring on my old Medium (circa 1996) and named it Denberg after my old next door neighbor who passed it on to our family. After I completed that project it popped into my head that rather than parting ways with this dresser I could give it a new purpose. I had acquired a Large in NC last year and I really wanted to have them side by side, out of nests, in the same table. After a few months of brainstorming and a move back to Georgia, one Saturday I was sick of it sitting in the garage collecting dust, so I decided I would put my plans into action.

The rest can be explained by photos:
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Brookhaven, GA

2012 Large | Mid 90's Medium

Comments