Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pictures With Something Other Than My iPhone...

2»

Comments

• fence0407fence0407 Posts: 1,060
    Wow - pretty darn good
    Large & Mini, Cumming, GA  
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
  • AlbertaEggerAlbertaEgger Posts: 763
    Very cool shots Hap, nice work.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 912
    edited May 2014
    Yeah right, sure there's no booze or cigars, but where's the damn food? I don't see no stinking food.

Seriously Hap those are some amazing images!! With light like that, it makes getting up early almost worth it. Thanks for sharing.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,719

@hapster

What do you like about your camera(DSC-RX100)? I have been debating on it for awhile since it has the wifi to your smartphone feature

·
  • GezrGezr Posts: 153
    Great shots! I'm a long time fan of your camera work.
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,381
    Beautiful work, would you care to share the EXIF information for the images and your equipment of choice?

Thank you...

The first two were shot with my A700 & 28/2.8  They are five exposure HDR images... The last was shot with my RX100 basically in the auto mode and then tweaked a little in PS.

·
    Monty77 said:
    Excellent photos, I am sorry if this has already been asked, but what do you shoot with?  I use Canon 5d MKII, would like the MKIII or better yet, the 1DX, just too much $$$$ right now.  You take some very nice shots and if that is your back yard, you are a very lucky man!  
    Thanks... Not quite my backyard but pretty close :)

You have all the gear you need it looks like... Some stunning shots in your gallery. Really like Falling Leaves :)
    ·
    See what you can do before the Sailor Jerry flows! Absolutely gorgeous. 
    How many did you take to get that perfect symmetry of the half submerged canoe? 
    Thank you  :))

I took 5 shots at different exposures, however it only would have taken one to get the reflection. There was almost no movement in the air or water so everything was nice and still
    ·
    edited May 2014
    Thank you everyone for the comments and feedback... Sorry for the delayed reply. This class is a pita

Today is the last day so hopefully I'll be back to egging and shooting soon... Along with drinking and smoking as well :))
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,142

@hapster, truly an amazing eye you have to capture mother nature at her best.

Thanks,

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 2,609
    @hapster, great work man!  
    Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomasville, NC - Large BGE (w/Nest) - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg)

Facebook
    My Photography Site
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Too bad somebody left that nasty old canoe in the water, :))
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
    GQuiz said:
    Beautiful. Absolutely stunning. Stupid question... where are the leaves?
    The trees on the island were all covered in buds, they hadn't opened yet
    ·
    Firemanyz said:
    I have to say the second picture is AWSOME. It looks as if the canoe is floating in the sky with the reflection of he clouds. That pic is worth enlarging and hanging somewhere. Thanks Hap. Ps thanks for the lens advice back before Xmas. The wife has loved the lense and has taken many pics with it.
    You're very welcomed... Glad to hear that the lens is working out for your wife.

Thanks!
    ·
  • Monty77Monty77 Posts: 340
    hapster said:
    Monty77 said:
    Excellent photos, I am sorry if this has already been asked, but what do you shoot with?  I use Canon 5d MKII, would like the MKIII or better yet, the 1DX, just too much $$$$ right now.  You take some very nice shots and if that is your back yard, you are a very lucky man!  
    Thanks... Not quite my backyard but pretty close :)

You have all the gear you need it looks like... Some stunning shots in your gallery. Really like Falling Leaves :)
    Thanks, I checked out yours as well, looks like we both got a liking for the outdoors!  Happy shooting and keep posting those amazing pics, could be a nice choice for a wallpaper on a pc/laptop screen! 
    Large BGE 2011, Mini Max 2015, Digi Q DX2, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from Delaware, Ontario, Canada 

·
    Okay... Class is over. Back to normal :))

Egging this weekend for sure!

·
  • Monty77Monty77 Posts: 340
    I just put my favourite Egg accessory to good use, weekend of eggin for me too, something special for mom on Sunday!  
    Large BGE 2011, Mini Max 2015, Digi Q DX2, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from Delaware, Ontario, Canada 

·