Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Man's Best Friend

Comments

• shadowcaster
    shadowcaster Posts: 620
    Remington
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited May 2014
    @shadowcaster‌ Remington on guard :o3
    Very unique table design. That had boy is enormous! Doesn't appear that the snow/weather has taken any ill effect on it. Good looking Lab. When I was a kid we had a Lab that was crazy good hunting pheasant, ducks and other birds and small game (he loved retrieving. It was like a game for him :-) ).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • shadowcaster
    @NPHuskerFL‌ yea he is a big boy, about 95lbs but still in great shape. He does a decent job in the field but has turned into the best dog I've ever had. I just got the table in November so it hasn't been weathered yet. I keep a tarp over it most of the time so hopefully that will help.
    Pure Michigan
  • NPHuskerFL
    @setdahook‌ beautiful European Boxers
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Thank you can't imagine better friends than they are.
  • NPHuskerFL
    @shadowcaster‌...I'm on mobile view 99.9% of the time. I switched over to "full site" to see your location. Ya a tarp should help but, maybe go to a marine shop and have one custom made (I think it would be worth it). And I love your quote!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • shadowcaster
    I will have to look into it thanks
    Pure Michigan
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited May 2014

We are partial to GSD's, and here are some of them. First is Jaro on the day he graduated the CT State Police K-9 Academy (we donated him to the K-9 squad:

Second is our female Mercedes.

We wouldn't own any other breed, they are incredibly intelligent, trainable, alert, and bonded to their family.

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Here is the photo of Maggie
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    A recent photo Maggie

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    @CTMike‌ Many, many moons ago I used to breed Mals my Dam (OFA excellent) was from champion French Ring Lines and my Sire (OFA good) I had imported from Holland and he was one of the top KNPV Mals. They made some gorgeous working dogs several of them went to local FL LEO. And although they are working dogs it was hard for me to see them go and always hoped they could save lives and put a hurtin on the scumbag thugs. I also worked a bit with some intense MWD while enlisted in the USN primarily when I was allowed to get my personal dogs on the MWD training courses/fields.
    You have some beautiful working GSDs!!! Beautiful lines! I get being partial to a breed.
    We are owned by Mals ^~^
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • HAWKCARL
    HAWKCARL Posts: 63

Pudge (left) and Angus (right).

They are both 1/2 English Bulldog 1/2 Boston Terrier. Pudge is a female and turns 9 this month. Angus is a male and just turned 2 in April.

3.jpeg 125.1K
  • CTMike

Husker,

Thanks. Besides Mickey the rescue, our other three all came from German working lines, their Sires/Dams all had the pink SV pedigree. Pricy dogs, but worth it in my mind. I work 12-hr rotating shifts and these dogs give me a lot of peace of mind when I am working nights.

Jaro became certified as a patrol dog, as well as SAR and cadaver. His handler would keep us filled in on his progress, Jaro made several arrests (one a drunk who fled the scene of a car wreck), and found a missing little girl. Sadly he had to retire early as he drank some swamp water and got some kind of intestinal bug.

For some reason the photo of Mickey won't post.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    @CTMike‌ I strongly believe MWD and LEO with good solid handling skills are some of the very best assets. Dogs don't question they just do it. And I salute our fallen MWDs. Thx for sharing Mike :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

First: Nobody has a Bernese?

Second: Anybody want one?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• NPHuskerFL
    Steve I had to Google that one. Beautiful breed. Are you a breeder of this type? "Second: Anybody want one?"
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Little Steven
    No, we lost our big guy last year, 1/4 newf, 1/4 shepherd and 1/2 Husky. Best dog I ever had. Said I wanted to wait to get another one but she already had is in line for this one. He thinks he Is a 120 pound Tigger.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• NPHuskerFL
    So you are trying to find a good home for him?? Sounds like ya got a big teddy bear to me:-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Little Steven

Naw, not really. I'm just sick of him knocking furniture over, eating the baseboard and trim and his relentless counter surfing.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

500 Posts: 3,177
    edited May 2014
    @Little Steven , I would suggest that you become the alpha to him, to curb his trouble making.  http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/bernesemountain.htm
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited May 2014
    >:) Steve your the devil. How could ya part with that face ;-). And besides he wouldn't chew in the baseboards if they weren't so damn tasty :-D. And counter surfin' that's just good fun. JK...try giving him a job (lots of pent up energy). It sounds like boredom coupled with being a puppy. Chew toys (because he's likely teething--just make sure to supervise as much as possible). Also it's a good time to start the "bond" with some basic obedience work. Before ya know it you'll be inseparable.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • CTMike
    Steve,

Get him a job, maybe look into the cart pulling like the breed was bred for. That would likely go a long way to curbing his excess energy.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Little Steven
    >:) Steve your the devil. How could ya part with that face ;-). And besides he wouldn't chew in the baseboards if they weren't so damn tasty :-D. And counter surfin' that's just good fun. JK...try giving him a job (lots of pent up energy). It sounds like boredom coupled with being a puppy. Chew toys (because he's likely teething--just make sure to supervise as much as possible). Also it's a good time to start the "bond" with some basic obedience work. Before ya know it you'll be inseparable.
    That was a year ago....he ain't so pretty now.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    CTMike said:
    Steve, Get him a job, maybe look into the cart pulling like the breed was bred for. That would likely go a long way to curbing his excess energy.
    Can you be charged with DUI if the dog is pulling the cart?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• CTMike
    Don't see how, but then again, you canucks do things a little differently.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    My Goldens - Wiley and Fluffy guarding the egg...image
    Santa Paula, CA
  • alabamatom
    alabamatom Posts: 38
    His name is longer than the dog. Sparky is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. We are "empty nesters" no more.image
  • Cyclops42
    Cyclops42 Posts: 64
    Max and Jake.... My "helpers" with the egg

Atlanta, Ga. LBGE and Mini BGE

Wants:  More time and beer.....

• NPHuskerFL
    @Cyclops42‌ good looking Schnauzers. ^~^
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited May 2014
    This pic reminds me of how much I truly love the salty sea. Salt Life! Family + Beach + warm Atlantic= a great day :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014