Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Man's Best Friend

Options

Comments

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options

MAX   Corgi Shepherd mix. We got him at the shelter about six years ago. he' s gotta be the smartest dog I've owned.

imageimageimage
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited March 2014
    Options
    @td66snrf‌ ... Coloration and distinct markings I would say past (part Malinois VS GSD. Great looking pup dog).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • BoomerTheWeim
    Options
    Boomer and Jessee
    Clayton, NC

Large BGE, Mini BGE, Two Weimaraners
  • Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    Sadie was a rescue dog (beagle sheltie mix)...Some friends adopted her and decided they were alergic... Shia is a morkie and was a birthday gift to my wife a few years ago...the girl scout cookie box in the corner was my 16 year old sons attempt to screw up this pic...
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited March 2014
    Options
    3 month old boxer... brutus. This was his first weekend egging.

Tried to attach picture from phone and it was sideways. Will post later.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @saluki2007‌...thanks for sharing.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    gmac said:
    Looking for one right now. I really want a wire haired pointing griffon but they are very hard to find, at least around here.
    for a couple hundred in plane fare you can have one flown in and use the shipping box for a few months as a training crate. i figure with the expense of the dog its a nobrainer to buy from the right place and spend the little extra to fly it in
    @fishlessman you and all the others on here are a bad influence on me.  I'm getting a wire-haired Pointing Griffon from Nova Scotia, puppies are yet to be born but it will be flown in and delivered early June.  Pretty excited because we haven't had a dog in a long while.  Now I need to think of a name...Brisket perhaps?
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options

gmac said:
    gmac said:
    Looking for one right now. I really want a wire haired pointing griffon but they are very hard to find, at least around here.
    for a couple hundred in plane fare you can have one flown in and use the shipping box for a few months as a training crate. i figure with the expense of the dog its a nobrainer to buy from the right place and spend the little extra to fly it in
    @fishlessman you and all the others on here are a bad influence on me.  I'm getting a wire-haired Pointing Griffon from Nova Scotia, puppies are yet to be born but it will be flown in and delivered early June.  Pretty excited because we haven't had a dog in a long while.  Now I need to think of a name...Brisket perhaps?
    thats what i ended up doing when i got my britt, i wanted the french field version over the american and theres only so many breeders with litters at one time. was worth the wait. those pointing griffons are similar to britts in that they are puppies for life
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    In the spirit of the thread title. We share everything with our kitties and our pup dog. But, Lili Ann is the only one who will tolerate MaMa playing "dress up" w/ her. Happy Easter friends. image
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options

gmac said:
    gmac said:
    thats what i ended up doing when i got my britt, i wanted the french field version over the american and theres only so many breeders with litters at one time. was worth the wait. those pointing griffons are similar to britts in that they are puppies for life
    :D
    @fishlessman  Don't tell my wife about them being puppies for life.  We had a lab that never grew up, I think she is expecting a dog that will eventually mature.

Puppies have been born.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @gmac‌ ... Call me weird but, I love puppies" breath. And a dog is always a pup in my mind even at 15-20 yrs their always our babies. :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Eggheadjoey
    Eggheadjoey Posts: 20
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Otto has yet to turn down any treat that has come off the Egg.
    Southern by birth, Italian by marriage. Ciao and Roll Tide!
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Chanel has shown a strong internet in BBQ.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    @gmac will be interesting to see the colors change in the next year
    mine looked like this

and grew into this

@ NPHuskerFL now thats puppy breath
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @fishlessman‌...we have friends that give their Malinois fresh elk and deer antlers. But can't say I've heard of giving them a Doe head. Yum! :-P
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • CosmicVoyager
    Options
    Here's Milo our 100lbs Lab chewing on his stuffed moose.
    Lg Egg - Asheville, NC
  • SenecaTheYounger
    Options
    My wife preferred toys like Yorkies and (god forbid) Poms.  Her last Yorkie and I became pals for his last few years, after her passing. We were the Odd Couple. He was Oscar.  Messy but loveable.

My daughter has two Yorkies and I tell her that they drive me crazy.  But they make me think of my wife and I like that.

I do not have a dog any longer.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Copia ciborum subtilitas impeditur

Seneca Falls, NY

• Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Options
    I will be picking this girl up in two weeks.
    Duncan, SC
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @SenecaTheYounger‌...Sorry for the passing of your wife. It's nice you get to visit with your Granddogs. Maybe one day you'll get another pup :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Here is Sancho, our PWD who passed away in the night at the too-young age of 10, during the Valentines Day snow storm. Very tough mornings and evenings -- wake up w/o the usual routine and come home missing the unfailingly cheerful greeting.  RIP, buddy.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited April 2014
    Options
    @HendersonTRKing‌...Our fur friends definitely touch each of our lives in a special way. And when it's their time for The Rainbow Bridge it is the toughest part to let our family fur member go. Sancho looks like a curly fur ball of fun and love. Sleep easy to ALL our departed furbabies O:-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Glad I found this thread.  We are, for the first after 20 years as a family, getting a dog.  Our hope is to get a Mini Sproodle in August when the next litter is ready.  Visited the kennel two weeks ago to met the breeder, and saw a few there.  We are kicking around names.  The front runner so far is Bumpass.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @500 I don't believe I've ever seen a Mini Sproodle. But, then again I've had working dogs for the last 30 yrs and for 20+ years I've only had Belgian Malinois. And we are officially owned by Mals ;-). I'm glad you'll be with a dog again in your family. That's awesome! :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    A Sproodle is a cross between an English Springer Spaniel and a Poodle.  This is what they look like.  They are no shed and nearly hypoallergenic, which is the reason we are able to get one.  Plus our kids don't travel now like they used to for sports, so we are home more.  We have never had any pets due to the allergies, so this is big for us.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    500 said:
    A Sproodle is a cross between an English Springer Spaniel and a Poodle.  This is what they look like.  They are no shed and nearly hypoallergenic, which is the reason we are able to get one.  Plus our kids don't travel now like they used to for sports, so we are home more.  We have never had any pets due to the allergies, so this is big for us.
    Gotta love designer mutts.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Sorry if I left out the ladies on this thread because clearly the ladies love dogs too. Here's a shot of Eva Mendes with her Mal (she got him--he's trained for personal protection--because apparently she had a crazy stalker). Love my Mal Lili Ann! ^~^
    imageimage
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Options
    Best part of my day Berkley and Abu European boxers. They get more bed than I do :((
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Options
    Had to find a pic that does them justice