Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My new eggin buddy.

Options
Meet Piper. My current Aussie has cancer is a few weeks away from making the trip to the Rainbow Bridge.
Duncan, SC

Comments

• StellarEvo
    Options
    Lovely pups that'll make for an excellent eggin' buddy.  Hate to hear about your other dog.  Hope that goes as smoothly as possible...
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Is piper a mini Aussie? He's got awesome eyes!!
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Options
    She is not a mini. The parents were on the smaller side for the breed though.
    Duncan, SC
  • grege345
    Options
    Awesome breed. Our mini keeps us on the go!!

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Hate letting them go. Run free with your friends at The Rainbow Bridge until we meet again. :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Mross
    Options
    This is my Peek a Boo. I will miss her.
    Duncan, SC
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Very Cool.  My new eggin buddy is growing up fast and already 8 months.  I was getting him all excited this weekend and here is action shot my wife took!image
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • grege345
    Options
    Peek a boo is a looker! Great color. How old is she?

• Mross
    Options
    13 years old.
    Duncan, SC
  • plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    Options
    Aww man the thought of losing any of my boys is depressing. Good luck with the new pup and hope the older baby has a comfortable life
    Beaufort, SC
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Our friend has an Aussie . . super smart!  Will piper get the "aussie spots" on his coat later on?
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Mross
    Options
    She already has them on her back half and part of her face. They should darken over time.
    Duncan, SC
  • grege345
    Options
    I remember when my mickster was that size (year ago)image

• Mross
    Options
    This will make the forth Aussie in our family. They are some smart dogs.  Yours is beautiful. grege345.
    Duncan, SC
  • grege345
    Options
    I agree very smart breed. Unfortunately he was born with a hip thing that we just discovered a few weeks ago. He has good days and some bad but he never complains. Good luck with your pups

• calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    Options
    I also lost an Aussie to cancer , I feel your pain ! Good looking pup you got there!
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    Didn't cooking nurse get a new dog last year?

here is my grilling partner. image
    Boom
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Here is chanel at almost 5 months.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your "Old Girl", Peek a Boo, been there done that. 

Best wishes for the new egging companion, Welcome Piper!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mross
    Options
    Well the hits just keep on coming. After picking Piper up and having her for a while we figured out she is deaf! She does not respond to any loud noises and takes all her cues from our other dogs.
    Duncan, SC
  • HAWKCARL
    HAWKCARL Posts: 63
    Options
    Here is one of my guys....he is hiding behind the egg and it kinda makes him look small. His name is Angus and he's a 1/2 English Bulldog 1/2 Boston Terrier. Weighs about 60lbs.
    2.jpg 69.7K
  • HAWKCARL
    HAWKCARL Posts: 63
    Options
    Here are my 2 dogs together. Both are 1/2 English Bulldog 1/2 Boston Terrier. Pudge (left) is female 9 years old and Angus (right) is male 2 years old.
    3.jpeg 125.1K
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    Mross said:
    Well the hits just keep on coming. After picking Piper up and having her for a while we figured out she is deaf! She does not respond to any loud noises and takes all her cues from our other dogs.
    thats a tough one, not sure what i would do. i do know that my britt is very good with hand commands and the remote vibration/ zapper collar. did they test high pitch as well like dog whistle sounds
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    My buddy had a retriever that someone returned to a breeder because she was deaf. The breeder ended up giving him the dog for free because he rescued all kinds of animals. She ended up being an amazing dog. She responded to hand commands and could feel vibration. A stomp of your foot on the floor and she looked right at you. The pup may be a little harder to train but it could pay off in spades my friend!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • ElCapitan
    ElCapitan Posts: 154
    Options
    I need to get a photo of my dogs on the deck when the egg is fired up.  They consistently just lay there about as content as can be anytime I light it, no matter how long the cook.  They definitely like the smoke smell.  Otherwise they are scurrying around getting into everything.  And they have eaten well since the egg arrived because there have be a ton of quality scraps.  
    XL Owner
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Beautiful dog, and LOVE the name!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Mross
    Options
    Mross said:
    thats a tough one, not sure what i would do. i do know that my britt is very good with hand commands and the remote vibration/ zapper collar. did they test high pitch as well like dog whistle sounds
    They did not test for high pitch or whistle. She goes back next week for shots and I will have them test then.
    Duncan, SC
  • LakeSeminoleEgger
    Options
    My now 6-month old mini, Bentley. He's my new egg sous-chef.
    "If you have the means, I highly recommend it." - Ferris Bueller
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,486
    Options
    Love his ears, Seminole!  

And I love his blue eyes, Mross!  
    :-bd

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Beautiful dogs. I was offered another Great Pyrenees the other day but the wife said a huge no! A large Pyrenees, Rottweiler, and a precious old lab is all we can handle right now

XLBGE