Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Used small for 200... Would you?

I have a large and have run across a need for more space a few times, especially when hosting in the spring or summer. Found a used small & nest for 200. Would you buy it?
I know there's no warranty, that is my real concern as I have a base and bowl in the garage waiting to replace the current cracked pieces of the LBGE.

THANKS!

LBGE

BTFU!

·

Comments

• DMWDMW Posts: 5,933
    $200 for Small with nest, yeah I probably would have picked that up when I was in the market for a Small instead of close to $600 with tax.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA
    XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser
    ·
  • i WOULD DO IT TWICE. 
         XL, Large, Medium, Mini Max
    ·
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 2,812
    I would do it in a heartbeat. I wish I could find a deal like that. 
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,867
     Definitely worth checking out.  If it is in good shape (no cracks, rust on metal, etc) then I would do it in a heartbeat.  Just order the high-q grill grate immediately if you purchase it. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,134
    Yep. In a New York second.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • I gave 300 for mine and have zero regrets. I'd jump on that.
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,737
    I would have bought it first and then posted here after the fact. Assuming it isn't a POS go for it! QUICK!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 9,063
    +1 what @RRP‌ said.
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • pasoeggpasoegg Posts: 238

would take that deal any day that ends in y.....spent $200 on beer and songs in a night!

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

·
  • BustersdadBustersdad Posts: 212
    Yes before it finds another home
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 759
    edited May 2014
    If you tell me where it is I'll buy it! I don't have one that size....yet.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • ibandaibanda Posts: 439
    where is the buy it now button?
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    ·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,657

Yes!

Brandon
    Quad Cities

·
  • HankyorkeHankyorke Posts: 146
    Trying to schedule a looksee. Hope she's still around tomorrow.

LBGE

BTFU!

·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,158
    Hankyorke said:
    Trying to schedule a looksee. Hope she's still around tomorrow.

it won't be. Maybe though. But I doubt it. Good luck. What part of the country are you in?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • plumbfir01plumbfir01 Posts: 678
    Thats a steal it was prob gone before you posted on here...(if it was on craigslist)
    Beaufort, SC
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    Absolutely not, but can you send me the link?
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 502
    Dude, a mini would cost you twice that.  Do it.
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • odie91odie91 Posts: 192
    If you are a newbie to Craigslist'ing just a little tip.....you should have emailed the fella', told him you have cash in hand and are ready to pick it immediately, and leave phone number in the email.  Then when you get him on the phone ask your questions.  Like others said, that small was probably sold within hours of listing.  Let us know if you do somehow get it..... I'd be curious......
    ·
    She gone. I was second by a few minutes. I guess Ricky Bobby's dad was right, "if you ain't first, you're last."

LBGE

BTFU!

·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,134
    I can't remember who said second place was first loser. Sorry you lost it.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    NBD, it's just a "want".
    I'd sent a text and email way before I posted here but figured I was late when I didn't get a quick response from the seller.

LBGE

BTFU!

·