Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who is up for Dizzyfest 6?

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
This one is close enough for me to go.
http://dizzypigbbq.com/portfolio/dizzyfest-6-june-2014/
I'd like to convince the family to go.  They will need convincing, though.  Although they love what I cook, I get the eye roll when I take pics to post here, so they don't share the same passion.  I tell them if it weren't for the Eggheads, you wouldn't be enjoying this great food.
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• Grader07
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    Options
    Should be a good time. Was last year. Going again great food and fun
    Options
    Did you go as a taster or cook?
    Grader07 said:
    Should be a good time. Was last year. Going again great food and fun

Member since 2009
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Options
    Would love to, but SWMBO is about to pop our first child and would kill me if I was at a BBQ event during that time. 
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    @500‌ I also get the eye rolling treatment or the statements such as "looks like chicken", looks like a fire in a BBQ". Guess some people just don't get it.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • KSwoll
    KSwoll Posts: 129
    Options
    I am heading there. I haven't decided if I am getting a small or medium to add to the XL. When I return from Australia I will make a decision.
    XL, Large, Medium, and Mini Max
    Northern Virgina
  • plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I was going to come up and visit friends, go to fest and get a xl but ive been a bit more busy then I anticipated. I will have to wait I guess. Was looking fwd to meeting Chris and gang up there but maybe next year
    Beaufort, SC
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy 500!
    Hope you can make it out!  We are pretty excited about it, and I'm having a hard time believing it is already our 6th.  Wanted to let you know, it looks like a very real chance we'll be selling out real soon. Probably within the next week or two. You may want to make a move.

Look forward to seeing some of y'all this year! Hope the weather holds.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Grader07
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    Options
    @500 Went as a taster couple. We are going again this year. Hope weather hold as chris mention above... Wife and i met lots of good people there.
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    I will be there! Taster this year and hope to cook next year.
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
    Options

Howdy 500!
    Hope you can make it out!  We are pretty excited about it, and I'm having a hard time believing it is already our 6th.  Wanted to let you know, it looks like a very real chance we'll be selling out real soon. Probably within the next week or two. You may want to make a move.

Look forward to seeing some of y'all this year! Hope the weather holds.
    Chris

I'm unclear on the cook vs. taster roles.  If I am a cook, do I have to purchase the Egg?  I'm not in a financial situation where I can do that right now, but am interested in cooking.
    Member since 2009
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    There is no need to purchase an Egg to cook.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    I just purchased my ticket. cant wait
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
    Options
    Looks like DizzyFest is sold out.  I was so close to going this year.  Lame me!
    Member since 2009
  • Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    edited May 2014
    Options
    500 said:

Looks like DizzyFest is sold out.  I was so close to going this year.  Lame me!

Don't beat yourself up over it. The November Dizzy Fest is the best of the two each year. I went to both last year and they have the same level of cooking and cool recipes to try but November doesn't have the 98 degree heat. Summer in DC has been unbearable the last couple of years. Last June I went to the fest with 10 friends and we ended up leaving a couple of hours after we got there due to the heat. Even with a tent sweating while your eating is no fun and it just got nasty.

• KSwoll
    KSwoll Posts: 129
    Options
    KSwoll said:
    I am heading there. I haven't decided if I am getting a small or medium to add to the XL. When I return from Australia I will make a decision.
    I will be there cooking. I am no competitor, but I can drink a boatload of Eggweisers and let the egg do all the work. I also finally made my mind up and will be adding a medium to my XL. I can't wait. lol
    XL, Large, Medium, and Mini Max
    Northern Virgina