Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

lots o' butt leftovers - what to make?

So I did a nearly 10lb butt over the weekend, and my wife goes on a diet leaving me with a buttload of butt to eat.  Other than eating sandwiches for a week straight, what tasty creations can I make with all the pulled pork?

Comments

• GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 4,017
    My favorite is pork tacos.  
    “Eighty-eight percent of my stories are true and the rest are embellished" 
                                                                -Col Bruce Hampton Ret.
    2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • 500500 Posts: 2,387
    Pulled pork tacos with avocado and pickled red onions.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 4,870
    We like to do a hybrid of tacos and pizza by using tortillas as a pizza crust...

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 12,793

First up-welcome aboard. 

Use in ABT's, nachos, pizza topping, quessidillas, omlets, baked potato topping.  Just go for it! 

Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 13,490
    Foghorn said:
    We like to do a hybrid of tacos and pizza by using tortillas as a pizza crust...
    Tostadas?
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 8,019
    Fried rice!

Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thomasville, North Cackalack - Large BGE - Medium BGE - KJ Jr - 36" Blackstone
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 4,870
    Foghorn said:
    Tostadas?
    Closer to pizza as the tortilla isn't fried and we don't bother with vegetables (usually just me and my son) like avocado, etc.  Just pork with some BBQ sauce +/- some cheese sprinkled over it.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• 500500 Posts: 2,387
    Nachos;
    Chips, onions, pulled pork, BBQ sauce, cheese; baked until bubbly
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
  • BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 600
    Nachos, chili,  or pizza.
    Edina, MN

• canmancanman Posts: 52
    Pulled Pork egg rolls.
    Tullahoma, Tennessee.
  • DMWDMW Posts: 10,348
    Pizza
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,740
    ABTs. Doesm't use a lot but great mileage for what you use

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JohnMcJohnMc Posts: 76
    Throw it in with your leftover brisket and turkey/chicken and make a Brunswick stew.  Awesome stuff! or of course you can always mix it with the same other stuff and make some killer chili.  My neighbors show up for the butt and brisket and then start asking when I'll have the next batch of Brunswick stew ready.
  • danv23danv23 Posts: 702
    Burritos!!

The Dude: This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's. And, uh, lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Duder's head. Luckily I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, limber.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA

Eggs - XL, L, Small

Weber - Summit 6 Burner

• J_QueJ_Que Posts: 217
    Pulled Pork Panini with coleslaw!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.