Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Super frusturated about lack of smoke ring

For whatever reason a couple months ago, smoke rings just stopped on my large egg.   Brisket and Ribs both are just beef colored all the way through.  I used to create really nice smoke rings and for the life of me can't figure out what changed.  Same wood (cherry/apple for ribs and cherry/pecan for brisket), meat goes on cold, low and slow at the beginning to get as much smoke exposure.  Today I even left the ribs on for 3 hours before wrapping at 225 and right before I put them on I put 3 large chunks of cherry wood in there and had a ton of smoke over these ribs.  This just gave me darker almost black ribs.  No matter what I do I can't get a ring.

I know it shouldent matter and it's all about the taste but I used to get them and this is really bothering me that no matter what I do they are just gone.  Any tips outside of creating a fake one?  Cold meat, throwing wood on right before the meat, and low/slow at the beginning all are not doing it...

Comments