Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Loin &ABT (Pic Heavy)

My first Pork Loin and ABT. I had to research what an ABT was, then it sounded good for an appetizer. Pork Loin brined for 24 hours with an Alton Brown modified version. This was a bad cook, new recipes, new adjustable rig, and new program for CyberQ wifi. I had all kinds of issues, not sure if it was the rig, iPad app, or just me. In the end, it was an amazing dinner. My wife also tried two new recipes for sides, which turned out great! ABTs were made with little smokies and a few with Chorizo, both types were great. imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
LBGE Johns Creek, GA
image.jpg 707.9K
image.jpg 577.3K
image.jpg 897.5K
image.jpg 877.3K
image.jpg 857K
image.jpg 817.1K
image.jpg 905.6K
image.jpg 928K
·

Comments

• Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Looks good. The journey is half the fun, no matter how many things "go wrong."

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 373
    Trouble or not, it looks great! I am going to amazon now to see if I can find one of those briner buckets.
    Benton,Arkansas
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,392
    Abt drippings on pork loin? Genius!
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos
    <BR> vote now for surf and turf throwdown!!!!
    ·
  • jtippersjtippers Posts: 510
    That looks heavenly...  
    =P~
    LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013
    ·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,318
    Great job.
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,840
    Very nice!
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA
    XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser
    ·
  • DuranglerDurangler Posts: 617
    Lil Smokies in an ABT is great, Love em.
    Pork looks mighty fine as well.

XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
    ·
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,480
    Looks great!
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Great looking meal. A little tip, if I may, don't slice off the end of the jalapeno. Doing that leaves a way for the cheese to escape when it melts (depending on what kind of cheese/cheese blend you use). Keeping the end on and just removing the seedds and membranes leaves you with more of a canoe type shape that keeps the cheese in, if that makes sense.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,480
    That is a fine looking meal!
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • dagrillerdagriller Posts: 74

Griffin said:
    Great looking meal. A little tip, if I may, don't slice off the end of the jalapeno. Doing that leaves a way for the cheese to escape when it melts (depending on what kind of cheese/cheese blend you use). Keeping the end on and just removing the seedds and membranes leaves you with more of a canoe type shape that keeps the cheese in, if that makes sense.
    Thanks for the tip, makes perfect sense. I will try that next time.
    LBGE Johns Creek, GA
    ·
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 946
    Very nicely done!
    Bristow Virginia XLBGE One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
    ·
  • dagrillerdagriller Posts: 74
    Thanks for the comments, always learning, attempting to make each better.
    LBGE Johns Creek, GA
    ·