Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Size Upgrade

I have the opportunity to upgrade from a Large to an XL.....any thoughts?
·

Comments

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,093
    I went from a mini to a large....wife loves it. Put yourself in her shoes \m/
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • AdamdAdamd Posts: 160
    Trust me you can't go wrong.

I am currently using a small and for about a month or so I get to use a Large and the increase in size is so welcome in every way. 

Sure the large to XL is not as big of a change from a small to a large, but I still think you should jump to an XL if given the chance!!. 
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 2,394
    Doo ittttt
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos
    ·
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 948
    get it.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,563
    Depends. Do you NEED an XL? If I had that opportunity, I would probably pass. My large is more than enough FOR WHAT I COOK (and how much). And I know how it cooks.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • jmarbs21jmarbs21 Posts: 106
    I'd say go for it, I have a large and just purchased this weekend an xl! I've only had my large for a few months, is their a rehab for eggheads? I'm addicted!
    Durham, NC
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,123
    Other issues to consider ...you swapping with neighbor or relative or what? Giving up a warranty on your large? Getting a new warranty with the XL? And as others questioned - do you need it?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • DuranglerDurangler Posts: 414
    Yes. I enjoy the versatility. You don't have to fill the fire box to the fire ring to achieve 8 to 10 hour cooks. I just did 2 3# chuck roasts yesterday. Used 2 fire bricks to reduce the amount of lump. Sure you can "filler up" & reuse I burned lump. I made a reducing ring also. All eggs are versital, true. If you have the need, do it. image
    image.jpg
    2448 x 2448 - 2M
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
    ·