Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Size Upgrade

I have the opportunity to upgrade from a Large to an XL.....any thoughts?

Comments

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 3,242
    I went from a mini to a large....wife loves it. Put yourself in her shoes \m/
    Seattle, WA
  • AdamdAdamd Posts: 160
    Trust me you can't go wrong.

I am currently using a small and for about a month or so I get to use a Large and the increase in size is so welcome in every way. 

Sure the large to XL is not as big of a change from a small to a large, but I still think you should jump to an XL if given the chance!!. 
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Doo ittttt
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,231
    get it.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 10,170
    Depends. Do you NEED an XL? If I had that opportunity, I would probably pass. My large is more than enough FOR WHAT I COOK (and how much). And I know how it cooks.

I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick, not wounded... dead.

Woody Allen

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• jmarbs21jmarbs21 Posts: 129
    I'd say go for it, I have a large and just purchased this weekend an xl! I've only had my large for a few months, is their a rehab for eggheads? I'm addicted!
    Durham, NC
  • RRPRRP Posts: 19,332
    Other issues to consider ...you swapping with neighbor or relative or what? Giving up a warranty on your large? Getting a new warranty with the XL? And as others questioned - do you need it?
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • DuranglerDurangler Posts: 985
    Yes. I enjoy the versatility. You don't have to fill the fire box to the fire ring to achieve 8 to 10 hour cooks. I just did 2 3# chuck roasts yesterday. Used 2 fire bricks to reduce the amount of lump. Sure you can "filler up" & reuse I burned lump. I made a reducing ring also. All eggs are versital, true. If you have the need, do it. image
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ