Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Size Upgrade

I have the opportunity to upgrade from a Large to an XL.....any thoughts?
·

Comments

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,651
    I went from a mini to a large....wife loves it. Put yourself in her shoes \m/
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • AdamdAdamd Posts: 160
    Trust me you can't go wrong.

I am currently using a small and for about a month or so I get to use a Large and the increase in size is so welcome in every way. 

Sure the large to XL is not as big of a change from a small to a large, but I still think you should jump to an XL if given the chance!!. 
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,392
    Doo ittttt
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,087
    get it.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,359
    Depends. Do you NEED an XL? If I had that opportunity, I would probably pass. My large is more than enough FOR WHAT I COOK (and how much). And I know how it cooks.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • jmarbs21jmarbs21 Posts: 111
    I'd say go for it, I have a large and just purchased this weekend an xl! I've only had my large for a few months, is their a rehab for eggheads? I'm addicted!
    Durham, NC
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,558
    Other issues to consider ...you swapping with neighbor or relative or what? Giving up a warranty on your large? Getting a new warranty with the XL? And as others questioned - do you need it?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • DuranglerDurangler Posts: 601
    Yes. I enjoy the versatility. You don't have to fill the fire box to the fire ring to achieve 8 to 10 hour cooks. I just did 2 3# chuck roasts yesterday. Used 2 fire bricks to reduce the amount of lump. Sure you can "filler up" & reuse I burned lump. I made a reducing ring also. All eggs are versital, true. If you have the need, do it. image
    image.jpg 1.8M
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
    ·