Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Turducken Disappointment (Pics)

GrillMeisterGrillMeister Posts: 1,611
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My first experience with a Turducken was a big disappoinment. Mrs. GrillMeister purchased a Tony Chachere's Creole Style Tur-Duc-Hen stuffed with CornBread & Pork Rice Dressing at HEB and we were stoked.[p]
turdressing.gif[p]When I sliced it down the middle, I was expecting to see layers of bird and stuffing in between. Instead, I found a small turkey with loads of cornbread and dirty rice crammed in it.[p]Turducken2.jpg[p]
So, I made another slice farther to one side. and finally found some dark duck meat and perhaps some chicken shoved way back in the cavity. So much for layers of bird with scrumptious stuffing inbetween.[p]Turducken3.jpg[p]
There was so much cornbread and rice, it was hard looking for the meat. The cornbread stuffing was so dense (from so much being packed in) that it could have been classified as a lethal weapon in the hands of Chubby.[p]Here's a shot of half Tony Chachere's Tur-Duc-Hen which I would call Tony's Turkey crammed with bland stuffing.[p]Turducken1.jpg[p]I'm sure Turduckens are not supposed to be this way. I've seen pics of the layers and read about the raves of this meat bomb, but this sucker exploded with deadly cornbread and rice. Normally, I would chaulk it up to a learning experience, but when you drop 50 bucks on a meat bomb and this is what you get, I'm a bit peeved.[p]On a positive note, the turkey meat was moist and had a slight smoke taste from the wicked good. That was tastey.[p]Has anyone else experienced this or are turduckens really supposed to have layers of meat and "SOME" stuffing in between?[p]Next year it's Mad Maxx's Turkey or Bust![p]Now, it's time for a Brisket.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
Austin, TX[p]Hook'em Horns[p][p][p]

Comments