Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket

Options
So we had a great week here in Kodiak, AK. The sun was out all week long and was a nice break from the usual rain mist we have here. So I decided I was going to throw down a brisket and invite some friends over and enjoy the sun. Sometimes I forget what that glowing yellow thing in the sky is. So I bought a 10lb packer and started it a little after 8pm at 225 on the dome. I planned on 1.5hr per pound and monitored my temps. When I say monitor I mean sitting outside with an adult beverage and enjoying the extended spring summer daylight we get up here. When I checked it this morning at 730 internal temp was 195 so pulled it and FTCed. I was not planning on it being done so early and now I have this beautiful brisket and have to wait hours for it to be consumed. Any tips on reheating without ruining its flavor. Tried a piece and it is by far the best brisket I have done so far.imageimageimage

Comments