Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oh Sherbert.....my butt is overdone

Options

I bought a 9 lbs. boston butt and rubbed with course ground spicy mustard and then dusted with Sweet-butt-o-mine and Jamaican jerk rub, then put on nicely stable at 235,  went to at 9:00pm beach for the best spring weather (air temp 60s clear sky)  got home at 4:00am ish, checked pit, moved my Wireless, BBQ sensor next to bed.... Awoke at 815 checked butt, showing 216, pulled from pit, let set for 20 minutes.  I will say that the flavor is spot on, but as I over shot the temp by 20 degrees the meat seams a little dry. I let it rest for 20 minutes and then pulled.

I think the alarm went off, and then I buried it under my pillow, (as that is where I found it after some looking, RUM can do some interesting things)  Butt at any rate any ideas as to masking the slightly dry meat,  I am feeding several wounded warriors, after we give them some surf lessons this morning.  Don't want to disappoint these guys.  I have made so vinegar slaw using Scotts Red Sauce, and plan on serving on Buns with the slaw,  I haven't put the Scott's on the meat yet,   So Help /suggestions would be nice on how to save this cook.  (Oh and I don't have a time machine to go back and not drink so much so as to sleep through the alarms).

Corpus Christi, Texas.  LBGE x 2, Weber Smoky Joe, and Aussie Walk-About

Comments