Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New steel grid as indirect

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
Yesterday used new steel grid as indirect to see if would work with beef ribs. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Options
    Nice cook Mickey!
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Mickey, do you know you have GPS turned on in your EXIF(picture) data?

I didn't know if you meant for that but I can see exactly where that pic was taken via google maps.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Mickey, do you know you have GPS turned on in your EXIF(picture) data?

I didn't know if you meant for that but I can see exactly where that pic was taken via google maps.

No idea what you are saying. That was taken yesterday in Salado and I am in Galveston (where I sent it from today). Whatever it is, how do I turn it off? used photobucket.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I have an EXIF viewer app for Chrome that lets me know what you shot with, aperature, shutter speed, lens...(Your pics were with a 5s and an iPad). It's the hardware itself, not any software.

It is know as "Geotagging" so you can see where the picture was taken. Anyone that accesses EXIF can see too. It is usually tuned on without most people's knowledge as the default.

To turn off:

Tap on Settings
    Tap on General
    Tap on “Location Services”
    Select the On/Off switch next to “Camera” so that the switch is set to OFF
    Exit settings

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Did you mean raised direct?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Mickey
    Options
    Focker said:
    Did you mean raised direct?

Maybe a hybrid indirect???? Has those holes so not sure if I could get a indirect type cook out of there. image

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Wow, regardless, that is a nice chunk of steel.  Fits perfect in there. B-)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    And I thought that my cooking grid had a lot of flavor bits built up on it.  :D

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    that may be my fav thing to cook on the egg. Good beef ribs are hard to beat. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.