Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rockwood at Ace Hardware in McDonough, GA - $19.99

Options
Chris_Wang
Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
edited May 2014 in EggHead Forum
Rockwood is brand new to this Ace as of today (thanks to someone who works next door convincing the manager to get it in the store). Fresh off the truck this morning, so be sure to buy them out of it this weekend! 20lb bags of Rockwood for $19.99! Seems like a great deal. This Ace is a "Level 1" Ace, which means their markup doesn't have to be too high. With my little State Farm discount, I was out the door at $19.25. If you do stop by, pop in my SF office and say hi.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

Comments

• plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    Options
    Rockwood is taking over the world  :D  I think all people should experience great charcoal once in their lives. (not that briquettes crap)
    Beaufort, SC
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I just brought 400 lb's of Rockwood to a loving home this week. A few bags for buddies, but the rest is mine :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    That jingle really applies in this situation.
  • Chris_Wang
    edited May 2014
    Options

That jingle really applies in this situation.

Haha, good one.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    This the one off 81 past racetrack rd??

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    ...and like a good neighbor, Chris Wang is there.  

OK, that sounds like a p0rn jingle. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Chris_Wang
    Options

...and like a good neighbor, Chris Wang is there.  

OK, that sounds like a p0rn jingle. 
    Haha. Pizza delivery has never been so... insured.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Chris_Wang
    Options
    @DaveRichardson‌ indeed it is

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Nice.... Looks like a stop is in irder tomorrow!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    edited May 2014
    Options
    They have already sold out of the Rockwood.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• Chris_Wang
    Options
    nolan8v said:

In the words of Uncle Eddie, "You serious Clark?"

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

They can order more.....unless they've burned through all the pallets we sent to the Gainesville warehouse last week.  We have another load staged in the warehouse shipping Monday.

We also have charcoal in the Loxley, AL warehouse.  So just about any store in South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, eastern Tennessee, western North Carolina, northern Florida, and the southern 2/3's of Mississippi & Louisiana can order it.  In a few weeks we'll be able to see which stores are consistently ordering it, and will add them to our website.  For now, go to our Facebook page to see the southeastern US coverage map.

• nolan8v
    Options
    Chris_Wang,

How close are you to this Ace store?  I plan to visit this Ace store around 9:00 tomorrow and will be glad to stop by and say hello if you will be at your office.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• Chris_Wang
    Options
    @nolan8v‌ I'm literally next door. We share an interior wall. However, it's not my Saturday to work...

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options

They can order more.....unless they've burned through all the pallets we sent to the Gainesville warehouse last week.  We have another load staged in the warehouse shipping Monday.

We also have charcoal in the Loxley, AL warehouse.  So just about any store in South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, eastern Tennessee, western North Carolina, northern Florida, and the southern 2/3's of Mississippi & Louisiana can order it.  In a few weeks we'll be able to see which stores are consistently ordering it, and will add them to our website.  For now, go to our Facebook page to see the southeastern US coverage map.

Can you get some to a Greensboro, NC store- I'm dying down here.... Down to two bags :)
    Greensboro, NC
  • Chris_Wang
    Options
    @nolan8v‌ did you make it by this morning?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• nolan8v
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Chris_Wang 
    Sorry for responding late Chris.
    Yes, I did make it there yesterday morning and met Mike at Ace. Really nice and helpful gentleman.

He rolled out my bags of Rockwood to my vehicle and loaded it for me. That act of service quickly justified my 44 mile drive to get the Rockwood from him. I asked him to order another pallet and hold twenty more bags for me. I will probably go ahead and get the entire pallet just to express my gratitude for his eggcellent customer service.

I had to stop and get some yogurt from the adjoining store while I was in the area. It was tasty.

Chris Rose 

• nolan8v
    Options
    I will PM you in advance of my next pickup from the Ace store.
    Chris Rose