Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I should be be able to cook o nthe Egg this weekend

Options
robnybbq
robnybbq Posts: 1,911
Debating on what - for a few hours on Saturday afternoon to cook something.

ideas i have
- pulled chicken (dont know how)
- chicken breasts cooked somehow and sliced for tacos/fajitas (key is to get them flavorful)
- pulled beef (not enough time)
- steaks or beef cubes/kabobs
- ribs maybe (turbo style)
- some sort of veggies besides onion/peppers/corn

Garnerville, NY

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Pulled chicken is good if you use mostly leg quarters and thighs. Just overcook them 210* and pull the skin off and shred. Mix in your favourite sauce.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    edited May 2014
    Options

spatchcock chicken.  or just some bone in breasts.  do a  couple with a flavorful rub and some with salt, pepper and garlic,   its all good.   I still like to just pick up the chichen and eat it..   but all my family likes white meat,  so spatchcock is kind of a waste,   

I also will do a boneless turkey breast and we have lunchmeat for the week, better and cheaper that anything from the deli,  

a Pastrami,  ooh, I need to do that soon, kids are home from school   need to cook one for my son.

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• robnybbq
    Options
    The plan is fajita/taco style food in honor of Cinco De mayo - Bring on the Tequilia

Planning on roasting/grilling some tomatos/onion/peppers to make salsa tonight

Got some DP Fajitaish we want to try so that will go on the beef.  For the chicken I want to marinade the chicken (thinking a whole breast or a spatchcock)

Gong to make some sort of Queso with Chorizo on the Egg as well.

Some sort of sides as well.

Garnerville, NY
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    robnybbq said:
    The plan is fajita/taco style food in honor of Cinco De mayo - Bring on the Tequilia

Planning on roasting/grilling some tomatos/onion/peppers to make salsa tonight

Got some DP Fajitaish we want to try so that will go on the beef.  For the chicken I want to marinade the chicken (thinking a whole breast or a spatchcock)

Gong to make some sort of Queso with Chorizo on the Egg as well.

Some sort of sides as well.
    What kind of beef cut? I use skirt or flank. With Fajita-ish, sprinkle it on both sides and then tenderize the meat with a mallet. It's really good as it drives the rub into the meat.
  • robnybbq
    Options
    Was thinking flank or skirt. 

Debating on how to cook the meat. Whole or slice it up and cook it in strips.

Garnerville, NY
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Cook it whole then, then slice as needed.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Another option is carne asada, the common cut here is thinly sliced flap meat. I marinate asada many different ways, and it's an easy cook. Just add what you want for tacos, you can throw the tortillas on for like 15 seconds too. It's a really fun summer cook, making those with friends on my patio, beers in hand is quintessential summer.