Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swordfish Steak & Mango Salsa (pics)

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
Swordfish Steaks were $4 off per pound yesterday.  I got a nice thick steak that weighed about 1.25lbs.  Threw it in a ziplock to marinade with some EVOO/Garlic/Balsamic (thanks necessaryindulgences - followed this link HERE.) as the egg got hot.  Grilled direct for 4 mins per side at around 500F and it turned out supppper moist.  Served with mango chipotle salsa (bought prepared from whole foods) along with grilled zucchini & rice.  Great meal, I wish I have this every night!  

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    The swordfish looks very good! Did you measure the IT or just cook by time?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    I just went by time.  The egg & cast iron grate was at 500F for about an hour before I put my fish on, so 8 mins total at that temp did the trick.  Everything I read about swordfish said DO NOT OVERCOOK!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @NDG‌ Wow $4 off per #! Nicely done. @NecessaryIndulg‌ :-bd you have some rockin recipes!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    Options
    I used to do swordfish all the time but haven't in a while.  Looks like a nice weekend cook coming up!  Great job!
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    Options
    Great looking meal!   :-bd
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Perfect timing on this thread.

I also got a really nice sword steak last night at whole foods, on sale for $18 a pound.

My wife isn't a fish eater, so I figured the swordfish would be a good primer for her. Thanks for the marinade link. Plan to grill it tonight on the BGE, alone with some grilled haricot vert, and some pearled cous cous.

-FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax